BMW i8 Lease Search

Or just buy a used one. A reasonably low mileage i8 can be had for under $80k and I doubt they’ll depreciate down to $40k in only three years. There has been absolutely no changes to the car. You’ll still need to study gymnastics to get in and out, and there are still no blind spot monitors on a $150k car with huge blindspots.

Look I probably had the same thought process as you when I got my current car. The only thing an i8 and a Ghibli has in common is they’re both flashy cars that look more expensive than they actually are. I too was set on an i8 until I rented one for a couple of days and realized how impractical it is, then I ended up getting a Ghibli. It’s not as flashy as the i8 but it’s far less annoying to live with and it’s still a expensive looking “look at me I have money” car to most people, especially in Georgia.

Just think about how much you really want the i8 before you spend another six months searching.

1 Like

:point_up: :clap:

Thanks for the advice. So you understand exactly where I’m coming from. I’ve thought about buying a used BMW i8. No way it can depreciate 50k more in three years. But I wonder what maintanence on those bad boys are?

Thanks for the post it’s been very informative. If I can get a Ghibli deal before pulling the trigger on a i8 then I’ll take it. Just seems to me they aren’t budging at all on anything.

Maintenance? BMW = Blow My Wallet.

Out of warranty 150k BMW? No thanks Jeff…

2 Likes

Being a 7 footer who is looking for $1 million a year playing basketball is pretty reasonable statement. Peanut Butter And Jelly is looking for the 5 foot 2 guy who is making $30 mill a year playing basketball.

He doesn’t have 6 months…he guaranteed a purchase by August :roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Thanks for the referral. This is what I got from the dealer on a Ghibli SQ4.

MSRP : $86,255.00
Sale Price : $75,500 + $7,718.63 ( tax/inceptions costs ) = $83,218.63

Residual : $47,440.25

Payment : $1054.03

0 DAS.

Not a good deal at all in my opinion. Thanks for the recommendation though.

By the time you try to replicate our mythical Ghibli deals of old you’ll be able to buy one cash for 50%+ off in the next couple of months here.

2 Likes

Realistically what would you do in this situation? Getting no where close on these Ghibli deals. It would just be better to buy a couple year old used one for the same amount of money.

Thats why I thought I should pay a little bit more and get in on the i8.

Two vastly different cars IMHO. Why the i8?

Looks prestige. I love the quickness of the vehicle and it’s great on gas. Technology is way better then my Challenger as well. Also very sleek.

There’s an amazing deal right now on another luxury plug-in hybrid electric car - the Karma Revero. $5K down and $1,299 per month for 36 months; 10K miles/year.

1 Like

Thanks. That’ll be doable if less money down (less the. 2k). Fisker does look pretty nice. I think the i8 looks better though but the Fisker definitely is bigger which may be a good thing.

I’ll contact my local dealer in the morning and see what deals they got on the lease. If I like it I’ll test drive it. See if it’s got the get up i need.

@ursus, what’s the over/under on this…

So the Fisher is pretty much a straight deal. 5,000 down plus taxes title and fees and 1299 a month. That’s close to 60k overall for the three years.

I haven’t drove a Fisker before so I really don’t know how it drives.

For the BMW numbers I’m trying to emulate it shouldn’t be more then 48k for the three years.

I drove the i8 and enjoyed it.

So I’m my head I’m leaning towards the i8. But maybe I can drive a Fisker and it’ll blow my head out the water and make me get it. Anyways I still have to find a dealer willing to give me that same deal I got a couple months ago.

Also another option is that I’ve seen a used 2016 BMW with 15k miles for about 78k near me. It does have a lemon buyback on its title due to a failed pump in the engine (customer says car was stuck in neutral). The warranty is up on it August 2020. I’m also debating just buying this car and selling it in one year.

Any thoughts guys?

You don’t need to drive Fisker for that.

The i8 is amazing. Yes, it does not have blind spot monitors, but the reality is that those are unnecessary if you set your sideview mirrors correctly (as opposed to be able to see the rear of your car). We love the drives of ours. FYI, the laser lights feature is rendered mostly useless because of US regulations. The look of them is pretty cool, but not probably not worth the extra cost.

I’ve driven my entire life without blind spot warnings. Don’t necessarily need that.

Buy a used 2017 Ghibli (when they refreshed interior with CarPlay and Android Auto) in the $40k range.

You’ll still be driving an under-warranty OH LOOK WHATS THAT CAR!!! -> Maserati…

1 Like

You are right sir.

Im actually thinking of purchasing a 2016 i8 with 2 more years of warranty if I can’t gind any good lease deals.