BMW Executive Demo Pricing Question

So it’s 3 years later and my lease is almost over on a 428I Grand Coupe. Although I’d like to keep the car I understand that BMW won’t move from the residual, so it makes sense to look for another option.

Current car:
2016 executive demo with 5,500 miles
2016 lease Expires in December 2019
$30,190 residual
Blue Book $25-28k
33,000 miles current. Max is 35,500 (Dec.)

Found a identical car at original BMW dealer with all the same options as what I have so I’m just getting same car just with less miles.

2016 model year CPO
17,500 miles
Retail price of $34,500
Asking Price $32,900

What would you think is a reasonable price to offer?
What should I be concern off? Appreciate your help and insight.

Thanks.

Not worth it. You can almost get a loaner (with a lot less miles) for that kind of money if you play your cards right.

Why would you want to own a 4 series out of warranty when you can lease a new one with full maintenance and warranty included?

1 Like

Appreciate the response and That’s why I ask the question. I am not completely sure which direction I should go. More than likely I’d buy the car and The main reason to go in this direction is color (imperial blue) and price.

I thought the maintenance program ended back in 2017, so it’s no longer covered. That not true?

Also the original warranty should have at least 1 year of the original 4 left then the CPO adds another year to give me 2. The car has only 17,500 miles so the wear and tear is minimal so the car is not a true 4 year old. More like 18 months old (in theory).

Is there a way to negotiate additional years to warranty? Thanks again for your insights.

BMW covers 3yr/36k maintenance

It really comes down to personal preference and your own cost to own calculation. If you’re going to buy used though, make sure it’s a hell of a deal. $33k for a 2016 doesn’t sound good at all; I’d be looking for that price with a 2018. I’ve seen similar pricing listed for leftover 2018 3 and 4 series demos.

2 Likes

I’ve sold 2019 loaner 4’s for that or just above it. (Incentive stacking and tons of dealer discount)

3 Likes

Why are we discussing used car purchase on LH and on a 3 years old thread?

@Ursus the OP replied to his original thread from 3 years ago which I think is quite clever :slight_smile:

I agree with the above, unless you drive a shit ton of miles, it just doesn’t make sense to buy BMW’s with how cheap they lease.

@chrishs2000 Yes, but the title is “BMW Executive Demo Pricing Question” and LH has “lease” in it for a reason. Used car question should be in a new Off Ramp thread referring to this one, at best.