BMW Executive Demo Pricing Question

No one knows for sure except the high ups at BMW corporate. The dealer is offering an educated guess (that puts pressure on you to buy). He won’t know the program for April till the day it takes effect. That being said it would not surprise me if they pulled support for 2016’s next month.

Update, finalizing deal today…any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Total due at signing: $1k (first month payment + cap reduction)
36/10k Monthly: $537 (after tax)

Retail Price: $59k
Selling Price: 47k

Residual 58%
MF .00140

It’s a 2016 340i with m sport, tech package, and a few other bells & whistles.
The vehicle has 2600 miles on it, was apparently a manager executive demo.

@jaylegend

people were getting that car in the high 300s but that was last year so it all depends how bad you want the car.
Generally speaking, about $500+tx payment on a $60k car is not bad, it’s just a hard pill to swallow because you’re basically paying a lot more because your timing is off and also, at the end of the day it’s just a non-M 3 series and you’re making 5 series payments on a 3 series.

The two things about your deal that bother me (other than the price in general) is:
a) you’re paying down your payment via cap cost
b) at that payment i would insist on 12k mi/yr

Thanks for the feedback @305Hackr

When you say peole were getting “that car” are you referring to a fully loaded 340i vs. base 330? Because I recall even last year that same build was leasing for in the $500’s as I searched back then as well. Same thing regarding the ‘5 series payments’…are you referring to a fully loaded 535/540 vs. base 528/530?

regarding the issues:

a) I agree about the cap cost reduction, but it works out as the typical “fees” and tag/reg. are all baked into the monthly, so $1k vs. $2k total due at signing works better for me, as the monthly is lower than i found elsewhere.

b) I can ask about the 12k mi/yr vs. the 10k, but i really don’t know how much better I can do on the deal…as it’s already at a 20% discount (from what I can tell) and better than anything else nationwide I was able to negotiate.

Thnaks

1 Like

No he’s right I distinctly remember a poster that went in getting a lower trim 3 series and ended up with an amazing $300s deal on 340i fully loaded. Look again.

It was this thread:

BMW 328i + 340i (Demo) Experience - CA[quote=“Hludwig, post:1, topic:4239”]
Long story short. We settled on the 328, were happy with the numbers, only to remember that there was a manufacturers demo 340i (6 mo old, 3500 miles in). Literally minutes away from signing on the 328, I realized that we hadn’t run the numbers on the 340, this is how it worked out:

Selling Price: 45,268
Residual: 37642.15
349.50/mo
1353.50 drive-off
2450.00 security deposit
[/quote]

1 Like

BMW’s are just leasing poorly now. They just got rid of the tiered residual rates for the 4 series, so maybe once the number start to show that sales are declining they will have more support. Right now, unless you really want a BMW, its not a good time for most of their leases, and I say “most”. 2016 5 series and 2017 X3’s seem to be the best deals.

1 Like

Probably the best deal on a BMW 550i $78k MSRP @ $545/mo @willwar14

@jaylegend
I can tell you from experience that you can bang your head against the wall and never get to the payments found on this site when BMW takes away support/incentives. I was even considering leasing a CPO car around April/May last year just to get the payments down. When the incentives were amazing on the 528 CPOs last fall i jumped on that. It’s all about timing so i would suggest you wait until they start pushing incentives again. Just look at some of Lobrant’s deals he publicly shared on here, those were all possible because BMW supported those leases.
Now is not a good time, wait if you can.

@305Hackr appreciate the insight. Unfortunately I have to turn my prior lease in by end of April, so need to act now and found that car I want, equipped the way I want. The programs are actually not all that bad at the moment because there is manufacture cash/incentives they used on the deal. It’s literally 20% off MSRP…haven’t seen many deals that low before on this car. It’s a done deal for me, but appreciate your feedback…was really looking to see what else I can try to do to chip away at this deal, but it looks like it’s as low as I can find this month on this car.

@jaylegend
at the very least, insist on 12k mi/yr. Tell them you didn’t realize 10k mi/yr is less than 1000 mi/mo that’s not enough for your work commute blah blah blah. They have room to give it to you. You’re even paying cap cost on this deal, insist on it that way you have a little piece of mind. Good luck.

Dang I was planning on getting 430i

Do you know what a nice monthly or % off msrp is good for that car

2019 430i…at least 20% off. Depending on incentives payment should be anywhere from $150-350 depending on if you have loyalty or not.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

So it’s 3 years later and my lease is almost over on a 428I Grand Coupe. Although I’d like to keep the car I understand that BMW won’t move from the residual, so it makes sense to look for another option.

Current car:
2016 executive demo with 5,500 miles
2016 lease Expires in December 2019
$30,190 residual
Blue Book $25-28k
33,000 miles current. Max is 35,500 (Dec.)

Found a identical car at original BMW dealer with all the same options as what I have so I’m just getting same car just with less miles.

2016 model year CPO
17,500 miles
Retail price of $34,500
Asking Price $32,900

What would you think is a reasonable price to offer?
What should I be concern off? Appreciate your help and insight.

Thanks.

Not worth it. You can almost get a loaner (with a lot less miles) for that kind of money if you play your cards right.

Why would you want to own a 4 series out of warranty when you can lease a new one with full maintenance and warranty included?

1 Like

Appreciate the response and That’s why I ask the question. I am not completely sure which direction I should go. More than likely I’d buy the car and The main reason to go in this direction is color (imperial blue) and price.

I thought the maintenance program ended back in 2017, so it’s no longer covered. That not true?

Also the original warranty should have at least 1 year of the original 4 left then the CPO adds another year to give me 2. The car has only 17,500 miles so the wear and tear is minimal so the car is not a true 4 year old. More like 18 months old (in theory).

Is there a way to negotiate additional years to warranty? Thanks again for your insights.

BMW covers 3yr/36k maintenance

It really comes down to personal preference and your own cost to own calculation. If you’re going to buy used though, make sure it’s a hell of a deal. $33k for a 2016 doesn’t sound good at all; I’d be looking for that price with a 2018. I’ve seen similar pricing listed for leftover 2018 3 and 4 series demos.

2 Likes

I’ve sold 2019 loaner 4’s for that or just above it. (Incentive stacking and tons of dealer discount)

3 Likes