Best Largish SUV $500-$600 per month?

71 feet? Is that cubic?

What size dog? You put the 3rd row down, just about any 3 row SUV will work. You have caught the forum on a slow month. But, you still need to provide more info.

Have a '15 Highlander Limited w/cap chairs 2nd row. Those seats do slide quite a bit. I’m 6’3". No problem with legroom up front with rear facing car seats in middle row. Not sure what kind of stroller you’re rocking but our Uppa Baby Vista fit just fine in back…Granted it’s not a double but plenty of addition room. Also nice to have the 3rd row when needed. There are 3 seats back there.

And it seems like there are 10 new trim levels since we bought. New SE slides in between. XLE and Limited. I believe there are 4 trims avail as hybrid. Nice thing with these is there are not many options to add. It’s pretty much pick your trim and go. Good luck!

lol yes, i tried editing the post afterwards but the forum crapped out on me and returned errors.
And I figured we were all smart enough to realize its cubic feet.

Need to fit a double stroller plus the dog. Double strollers are huge, we have one of the smaller footprint ones (city mini). They just clog up space no matter what.

Lexus GX460 499/month with 0 down

This is ad from leasing company. Just consider more info.

:slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

VW atlas , plenty of cargo area and 3rd row. Not sure if you can get it for $600

I have just recently gone through the new born SUV shopping. I think my only differences are I just have one son, not twin, and I have no dog. First recommendation is don’t look at interior space by the volume number. With stroller and dog, you need real estate. A odd shape won’t be useful even if volume is big.

4 runner isn’t going to cut if cargo and passenger comfort is important. It is quite smaller inside. Due to the body on frame design, the floor is high. Taking infant car seats onto such a high vehicle is not very comfortable. IMO, people get 4 runner for its ourdoor capability. It is not a family hauler.

QX60 is what I ended up with. Size wise, it is one of those with larger interior. It is wider than XC90, significantly more space than 4 runner. However, with 2 infant cars seats in 2nd row out board seats, the middle seat is probably only good for some soft baby items. I am not sure a double stroller + a dog will fit very well in the trunk with 3rd row folded. I can show you a picture of mine with a single stroller in the back. Not much room left for a dog.

As for cost, I will suggest you to skip the theatre package at least. You twins won’t be looking at that at the end of your lease. I also skip the Deluxe tech package because the only safety features over the driver assist is lane keeping. Other potential useful features are motion active tail gate. Other things like 15 speaker bose instead of the P+ 13 speaker, panoramic sun roof, 20" rim … with the baby, I don’t think any of them will make a difference at all. My QX60 has MSRP of $53K after skipping those two packages. Price was pretty good in March, but I think April just got slightly better.

Q7 at 6% off MSRP will cost 2x more to lease than the QX60 above. It is sure the best car we like, most spacious, best drive, but $600 definitely won’t cut.

XC90, you can probably find a more base model with less option for $600. This is narrower than Q7 and QX60 but a bit longer interior wise. I think this would work out better for a stroller and a dog. Before to check if infant seats are install, do you have enough leg room in driver seat. It works for me, but I am 5’6" only.

Tacoma will NOT work for your purpose. With infant seat install, you won’t have leg room. Also, I don’t think you want to leave your baby gears out in the bed.

2 Likes

I hate to break these to you, 2x infant seats + a double stroller + a dog, I think minivan is your best bet

Admittedly, this was my reason for getting the deluxe tech package. My kids love it and complain that my car doesn’t have one lol

I think the dog is the dealbreaker here. Otherwise, a 3-row crossover could handle the cargo but the dog needs more space. Alternatively, a 3-row with captains chairs for second row might allow a little more space.

Agree, if your kids are somewhat old enough to look out the sun roof. OP just had twins. I think it is safe to say pano sun roof is a good option for the next lease

I want to ask OP if it hasn’t been asked, what kind of dog? A Pomeranian is very different than a golden retriever. Captain chair in 2nd row will help a Pomeranian, not sure that help a gold retriever.

I don’t know. QX60 is 39 months. I think it’s useful after 6 months even.

Q7 2.0 is not 2x more than a QX60…and I’m also surprised you consider it “most spacious”…it has a smaller and more difficult-to-enter third row

My son is 4.5 monthes now, I highly doubt in 1.5 month, he will be able to appreciate the sun roof. Well, but I don’t have one to test out. Maybe on my first service, I will ask for a QX60 with deluxe to see if he like it.

For Q7, I am thinking about an optioned equivalent car. say with 3.0 engine, premium plus, vision and driver assist, $65K MSRP. Of course, Q7 will have superior ability on each of the features. This car with 6% off, the best I got is $750+tax on a 36/10K lease.

Size wise, I agree 3rd row access is superior on QX60, but that is on my low on my priority as 3rd row will be folded most of the time. Interior width is more in Q7. With my infant seat installed in 2nd row, I feel I have more space there. Trunk with 3rd row folded, I think Q7 is both wider and deeper but shorter. So volume wise, it may not be bigger, but with stroller, or other items that can’t be stack on top of each other, Q7 trunk seem more usable.

IMO, the shape of the trunk is as important as the volume. Before getting the Qx60, we have a Forester. The issue with that is I can’t put my stroller straight in and close tail gate. I can only do it side way and standing up which took the whole trunk… Despite my smallish seden has much lower volume trunk, my stroller goes in just fine.

Don’t be… :grin:

No one is mentioning MDX. It’s in between luxury and mainstream. All models come with a big NA V6 which is more powerful than the base engine on the Audi or the Volvo engine. Should meet your storage and size requirements and lease for around 500

No one is mentioning this post is almost a year old…I’m sure OP found his SUV by now…

5 Likes