Best deal on a 2018 Honda Odyssey EX

Oops, I left off a very important word. Haha. Thanks for the clarifying.

@harryo What county do you live in? Landmark Credit Union has a leasing program and they have the best lease deals on CR-V, Pilot, Ridgeline and Odyssey in Wisconsin.

Check out their site to see if you qualify to join:
http://www.landmarkcu.com/about-us/landmark-advantage

That Credit Union has Russ Darrow Honda signed up and you should be able to go there to lease through Landmark.

I have been extending my current 2013 Odyssey lease in anticipation of the 2018. Now that its out lease prices are insane. Honda Financial isnt offering any deals or reasonable pricing. To put it in perspective my 2013 Ex-l monthly payment (nothing down & everything included) is $375 per month. Honda Financial lease prices are well over $650 per month. Option 2 is a third party bank like US Bank. For some reason i am hesitant to go with a third party since there are many fees and things not included like damage waivers which are extra and disposition fees.
Question is this: there are no 2017’s left in stock My lease is due mid-September. Do I go with a third part bank ($450 per month + fees). Any idea if Honda realizes that people coming off of Odyssey leases are getting sienna and pacificas because Honda is so over priced?

The 2018 Oddssey is selling very well. They won’t incentivize it any time soon since they are still selling all the ones they make.

Whats your opinion on leasing through a third party bank like US Bank

@zeffman

There is a big thread (US Bank lease return experience -- fairly awful) on here about people sharing experience with leasing through US Bank. You’ll get an attractive monthly payment but the turn in process often involves paying excessive charges for wear and tear.

I work on the credit union side and feel that our lease program is designed for an excellent user experience. It includes a $1k wear and tear waiver and GAP insurance (like US Bank). US Bank is currently enticing Honda dealers with a large flat fee so some dealers are going with them while ignoring the potential headache they and the customer will experience at turn in. Honda Finance pays a very small flat fee. Some Credit Unions pay dealers a bit more than the captive but their cost of funds are much lower than the captive so they are able to offer much lower MFs.

What city are you in? I can check to see if there are any credit unions in your area that have a lease program. If there are, they will currently beat the captive and most likely US Bank on the monthly payment.

Brooklyn, New York------------

Head out to LI and lease through Bethpage FCU. I am out of the office tomorrow but on Friday I can get you a list of dealers that will do a MF of 0.00141 on the 18 odyssey with a stronger RV than US Bank.

1 Like

Ok. if you can let me know which dealer to contact that would be great

Do you know any credit unions in Ohio that will lease? We live 1.5 hours from Columbus and Cincinnati. My wife is dying to get into a new Honda van but the interest rate is close to 5%.

Avoid US Bank like the plague. Other 3rd parties like Ally are OK, but US Bank…run away.

Just following up. I actually have two accounts at bethpage federal Credit union. Would love to know which dealers I can contact who would get me a reasonable lease price through them.

I’m in a similar situation with the 2017 CR-V. I have a 2014 LX with a great payment of $249 and just upfront RMV fees. The current lease up in October, and I want to upgrade to an EX. I’m not seeing any quoted prices that I’m willing to spend. It’s a new model rollout this year, so no deals are to be had – high MF and stingy discounts. I’ve decided to give up on Honda and am now taking close looks at Hyundai, Kia, and Ford. Maybe you should consider a competitor to the Odyssey? Honda is good, but they don’t own the road.

@zeffman Any of these LI dealers will work with Bethpage:
APPLE HONDA
ATLANTIC HONDA
BABYLON HONDA
HONDA CITY
HUNTINGTON HONDA
NARDY HONDA

@Kbill07 It depends on which county you live/work/worship in for the OH credit unions. We have Glass City, Directions and Telhio.

Here are the Honda dealers that have done recent deals through each of those CUs:

Telhio Credit Union:
HUGH WHITE HONDA
LINDSAY HONDA
ROUSH HONDA

Directions Credit Union:
JIM WHITE HONDA

Glass City Federal Credit Union:
BROWN HONDA

@RVguy. Thanks for this info. Bethpage uses a third party (Fusion Auto Finance). Just want to confirm that the consensus is that the initial process as well as turn in process isn’t a hassle and they don’t hit you up with fees?

@zeffman Bethpage uses CULA for their leasing. About 2 years ago their leasing program used Fusion Auto Finance but switched to CULA which has a much better turn in process. $1k of excess wear and tear are covered at no charge with an insurance policy that CULA has.

Anyone know of credit unions that lease in the Chicago area? Also in a similar situation at the end of a lease on an Odyssey and the options are limited.

Hi there @RVguy, Can you please direct me to a good credit union in and around Atlanta/ Alpharetta GA area. I’m looking to lease an Odyssey or a Pacifica which ever is a better value for money. Thanks and appreciate your help.

Thanks for this thread. Anyone know a credit union in NC that leases?