Beginning the Search! 2018 or 2019 Genesis G90

The Basics: Dallas, Texas area. Travel never an issue for the right deal. Live in a community that will charge property tax on a lease vehicle (yes it sucks).

Almost pulled the trigger in late 2017 for a 2017 model G90. Now interested in a 2018 or 2019 G90 (trying t0 determine big differences between the two). AWD is a must. Probably V8 (so basically, the top model).

Personal: Credit Score over well over 800. Can pay 3-year lease upfront if needed. Have a 2012 Audi A8L that I will sell (or trade in, but that has never been a good deal in the past). My guess is that I need 16k miles per year (I could squeek by with 12).

So, any good suggestions with those experienced in leasing from Genesis. I’m pretty good at negotiating down the price of the vehicle and using interest to do a broad sweep. Looking for suggestions on where to start and what to look for (as well as any gotchas). The property tax on lease cars in my area bugs me, but have to deal with it. Any dealers know for being great to work with in the Lease world?

Thanks ahead of time!

Last I checked the G90 was still leasing pretty poorly because of the low (40%-ish) residual value. There is a huge lease cash though so the most financially reasonable or leasehackr thing to do is to lease the car to buy as soon as Genesis allows payoff in order to benefit from the lease cash. I am sure there will be great dealer discounts available too since the G90s tend to spend a very long time sitting in dealers’ inventories…

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. As soon as I figure out what is new with the 2019, I will have it narrowed down. I will look into understanding lease cash!

Regards,

Mmaso

So before you even begin your search, you’ll want to familiarize yourself with leasing basics. For beginners who are Non SoCal, Tristate, or FL residents

Definitely don’t do this

You’ll have to choose from either 12k or 15k

You need to check vehicle inventories at dealerships in your area, or broader if you don’t mind traveling, and find cars that fit the bill. That’ll be your starting point. Then use the calculator to plug in numbers like money factor and residual, and work on negotiating the sales price down to a figure that you’re comfortable with.

1 Like