Audi Q8 Lease Quote

I clicked on the topic expecting an outrageous payment and it sure did not disappoint. If you want to understand how bad this lease is; Audi is forecasting that this car will lose roughly $28k in value over 36 months yet your total lease payments add up to $42k. In other words you are paying $14k in interest and fees for a $28k service.

Also noticed that they calculated your sales tax based on the full price of the car. I don’t know if Nevada charges sales tax on the full price (as opposed to deprecation only) but if they are not your monthly is probably closer to $1k but that is still a bad deal.

4 Likes

Hank, this is an excellent assessment. Thank you very much for your analysis!

You saying you aren’t getting any fingerprints on that nice ls? :thinking:

:joy::rofl:

Correct, I don’t have piano black surfaces…

q8 aka the baby urus

George offering $999 w/ 1st month/taxes/fees due at signing

Ya but it’s only 7,500 miles/yr and also doesn’t include taxes (almost 10% in LA) or fees.

So over 1100/month for 7500 miles

Texas Volume dealer doing $800m 36/10 with $2k down

https://www.audiwest.com/specials/lease.htm

1 Like

Wow, glad that I didn’t pull the trigger with the local dealer… I’m inclined to send them a link to this deal to see if they are willing to play ball.

Those are some decent SUV offers for the Audis. Just add 60 bucks to each monthly to exclude the “down payment.” Otherwise those numbers are bit deceptive…

I got excited when I saw the A5 SB and noticed the down payment… it would have been a very good deal without that down payment, though.

The Q8 deal seems pretty legit, however.

$300 less than the monthly payment offered by my local dealer, SMH

1 Like

is it me or the Q8 looks just like a Urus

Same platform. Much different powertrain.

Even with that q8, it’s probably an absolutely stripped unit. So, something like a $950/mo effective payment on a $70k car.

Not the worst, but far from a deal.

1 Like

I called the dealer in Houston and was told that the deal is assuming $7500 down, what a crock!

Worst deal ever. But it does say 2k down plus TTL in the fine print…,

Guess TTL is 5.5k because of Texas taxes!

Texas you pay tax on full value of the car.

So, technically someone can still shop this out of state and only be subject to local tax laws.

I know. I’m assuming their canned answer was the assumption that everyone is paying it. Regardless of that, 7.5k is a lot to put down on a lease that’s still 800 a month. Effective payment well over 1k a month.

On a related note, I’ve seen zero of these on the road, and I live in Los Angeles.

Is the q8 a failure for Audi? I imagine they’ll have to spruce up the lease program to start moving these.

I saw one in NYC at night and it looks very similar to the URUS – also I have seen a couple of Urus and man that car in white is a beast

1 Like