Are Ford (SUVs) bad leases

I’ve got a Ford CMAX that is nearing the end of its lease, and am over miles by about 4k

So, I’m writing a check for ~1k.

Debating leasing a Ford SUV (Edge, Explorer, Escape) so I can get them to forgive the 1k…but of course, that’s only an okay plan if I can get a good deal on a car.

Are Fords like Audi now–just a poor lease, generally?

Thanks

I got quoted an xlt with leather, heated seats, touchscreen and awd with startups of $750 with A-plan for $350/mo.

Fwd was $320. Sports and limited were around $430.

I know you aren’t asking but in case you want to compare, also shopped traverse and was terrible. Here are lt3 numbers with supplier discount

thanks for this. 20chars

No problem. I don’t think they are a great value compared to the QX60 deal.

There was a 2k cert for Ford floating around the other day. Explorer might be a decent lease.

you can’t combine with A plan though

They routinely sell below Xplan, much like Volvo used to sell below Aplan.

So that means it better not to use agplan or that you can negotiate lower than what agplan price would be? Is it better not to mention a plan at all?

A plan is cheap as you can get, it’s invoice minus holdback minus advertising minus everything. Plus they can’t screw you on the doc fee. If they want to go lower, even better. Watch the MF though.

Thanks. 202020200202020

guys:

the 2,000 off Private offer. I click on the link, and the pop up isn’t exactly clear to me. What am I missing

Thanks

I don’t think it works anymore

That reads as $433 a month to me since you’re putting 3k down payment.

It was not with 3k down, it was $750 DAS.

My mistake. Thanks for clearing that up. Much better deal that way.