Any advice appreciated 18 Volt base $7.1k one pay

3 days in the Volt LT . Bose is giving good sound but don’t know what I will be going with heated seat in San Diego.

The Car I got and you tried have MSRP of 37115 -37320 . I had seen Cars in Carlsbad and El Cajon with MSRP of 34000 - 36000. Those Cars don’t have Bose and probably leather also.

Just giving a hint that San Diego still have enough 2018 Volt LTs.

Mine was 9000+ and when looked at docs it was having some 1500 from dealer.

Hi I’m in San Diego and looking for LT fully optioned. Went to Escondido and they only had one base LT left. Any help appreciated

Looks good, although on a per mile basis nobody has beaten me at 18.6 cents a mile, including the Clarity deals (aside from that crazy MA extra rebate)… That’s not even including the excess wear, but I digress… In all seriousness if you really want heated seats and don’t mind cloth just spring for the comfort package. It doesn’t add that much to the MSRP and I think it’s definitely worth the extra cost. If you aren’t in a cold climate it’s probably a waste of money, unless you really prefer the leather wrapped steering wheel to the base one.

That’s right EE, I’m at $.14/mile and going down thanks to the fact that the dealer gives me a referral fee for all my brothers and sisters in MA on the hackr. Whole lease may be free in another couple months. So if you’re in MA readers, ditch the Volt and step into a Honda.

Funny thing is that if I rolled the dice and waited until October I could have possibly blown that out of the water. Chevy came through with a $1000 dollar credit for me because of an unrelated issue, and Costco rolled out, etc. I didn’t want to risk things getting worse in October though. Hell, another month or two and I might have been able to stack a credit card bonus and it would have practically been free. That MA and NY rebate are really tough for us hoagie eaters in Jersey to compete with though.

So we are now using a new metric of 18.6 cents per mile to evaluate a lease? Game on …

I think this one beats the 18.6 per mile …

By my count it’s about 28 cents per mile. 4233 in payments, 14800 miles remaining. 0.286 cents per mile. Also the original deal without lease transfer incentives is around 37 cents per mile.

I’m also just using that as a general benchmark for the Volt/Clarity apple to apple type of comparison, though I suppose the Mirai can be grouped as a similar type of vehicle under the right conditions.

Yes sir, but that deal includes free fuel lol. I am sure your volt is going at around 6-7 cents a mile in gas/electricity???

That’s true, although from an apples to apples comparison there’s many people who are able to charge at work, sometimes even at home for free depending on their setup. I did a rough calculation, and based on the energy aggregation program my Township has I believe I’m paying around 2 cents per mile to charge, give or take.

1 Like

With solar at rooftop from last 3 years. My Chevy Spark was free with effective lease payment of $88 / month ( After CA rebate) . Electric Vehicles are great choice if you got Solar or have workplace charging.

1 Like

If I literally lived across my own street I’d do solar for sure. My side of the street isn’t a good candidate unfortunately.

False math. Your solar cost money to set up, right …

1 Like

This amount is very small in comparison to what gas would cost.

Currently my utility charges $.19 per Kwh hour. So roughly half what a gallon of gas costs in So. Cal. However, based on what I paid for my solar panels and their expected output over their lifetime, that same amount of energy costs about $.03 cents per Kwh. I am paying the equivalent of $.15 a gallon for gas. You can do the math from here, but a full tank of gas is the equivalent of $1.50 with solar panels.

I know solar fan boi’s can be annoying AF, but the savings really are that big. It is costing me about $6 a month to fuel my car with electricity. With gas, I would be at about 120 a month.

1 Like

True and saves Electricity bills if you start charging at home start hitting More than ~0.40 per unit range in San Diego, CA.

everyone’s math is different. In my case, invested $12000 in Solar Panels 3 Year back.
Saved $150 electric bill + $200 Fuel bills = $350 bills / month which is same as $12600 in 3 Years.
Now after 3 Years , i just need to pay lease amount for electric Car No electricity bill nominal Gas bill once a while.

Again , math is different for different people and it is my math in my scenario.

Your math is more precise. Mine is a rough estimates. Without Solar total bill consumption will not be $.19 per Kwh hour but will start going upwards of $.48 per Kwh in standard plan. Of course , you can change plan like EV plan / TOU plan.

Tier 1 - 27¢
0 - 351
kWh

Tier 2 - 48¢
352 - 1,080

kWh
High Usage Charge - 56¢

kWh

Since I blow past, or used to blow past all these tiers, I just took my total expense, divided by my Kwh’s to figure out what they were charging me. This .19 was our average over the last 2 years.

Rates are never going back down that’s for sure. When I bought my house 10 years ago, I was paying about .12 per kwh. So a 60% increase in 10 years.

Are those your current SCE tiers, with no solar? If so GODDAMN! That is brutal.

thats a steal!! where can i sign up? how many miles per year?