Alfa Stelvio 2018 model

I received this offer from a Van Nuys dealership I want to know your opinion on this offer.

Alfa Stelvio
msrp: $42,990
dealer discount: $6,018.55
Selling price: $ 36,971.45
Factory rebate: $3,250

Lease: 36 months/10K a year
$ 0 due today: $ 489.37 including tax
$ 1000 due todat: $ 457.10 including tax
$ 1500 due today: $ 441.36 including tax

Pretty much a very very good deal. Again, this is only on this specific car.

I’ve been seeing dealer discounts in the 7-9k range. You could try to push for more, but doesn’t seem too bad to me. Especially given the new MF/Res.

Lol are you kidding? MSRP of $42990 for $489/mo sign and drive, it’s a horrible deal!! How can you say “Pretty much a very very good deal”? Haven’t you read any recent Stelvio deals?

2 Likes

That letter was emailed to me from the dealership … I do appreciate your input

Ask for a 46-48k msrp for the same numbers and it’s worth it. That car with no options should be 400/mo based on September numbers. Should be 24 month lease also

Residual is 54% this month on 10k leases.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is true for this this month or not, but the sweet spot used to be 24 month leases. They seemed to have the best numbers & I had read somewhere that the Stelvios require a ~$1,500 servicing at about the 25,000 - 30,000 mile mark.

As per the service manual needs a 30k service with spark plugs

Residuals fluctuate by the month we’re in?
I didn’t know that, thanks

1 Like

European Cayman,

I saw that you have posted very interesting information. I live in Miami and I am trying to get an Alfa Romeo Giulia. I went today to a dealership (Planet Alfa Romeo) and they wanted to rape me. I have 780 credit score and they validated it, however, they were asking for $5000 down payment for a $460 month. The total value of the was was around $50k.

How can I make good deals like the ones you did? It’s really hard to negotiate with the dealers, they are always repeating the same things. I hope you can help me. I am looking for a car like the white one that you sold. It looked great!

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Use a broker. There are fine very good ones in this forum.

Just as a rule of thumb Charles don’t try to compare this month’s leases with previous months. Rates went up and residuals went down unfortunately.

1 Like

Ok thanks!
When’s a good month to buy?

August 2018.

6 Likes

Where can I find brokers?

Who is giving a good deal on a time machine?

2 Likes

Open YELP type in “car brokers”

There are lots of great registered dealers on this site. Spend some time, read the posts on this website and look out for the “registered broker” note beside the names of people who post.

The best deals are the ones that have been sitting on the lot for about a year.
Those older ones don’t have Apple Carplay or Android Auto if that is a concern.

Use CarGurus to locate cars that are older than 180 days.
Find the older “B” VIN number Stelvios - they have aged vehicle incentives and the dealer will let them go just because they have been sitting on the lot.

1 Like

Great tip!!!

Thanks so much!!