Bought! 2018 INFINITI QX60 (Fully loaded) in NorCal $489

EDIT - Wrapping up. Car Delivered.

I was able to get the deal below because of the hard work and patience of @BiggL. I highly recommend Laurent if you are looking for a broker. I didn’t have a lot of experience with leasing, and I never felt judged for asking dumb questions. He is quick to respond and just a really friendly guy. Thanks Laurent (and hope you had a wonderful birthday!).

Leaving my original posts below so if anyone is in my same position they can see how things developed. A huge thanks to everyone here @max_g @vatakle @obiHai @eelnoraa @jamiemose @toyo @joeblogs.

Wife and kids are loving this car and glad we ended up with this over the Atlas SEL which I think would have been around the same. This is such a great community which so much information, what a lifesaver for someone leasing for the first time.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2018 INFINITI QX60 (Premium, Premium+, Technology, Theatre)
Saved Numbers on Leasehackr Calculator: here

MSRP: $ 60,460
Selling Price: $ 50,460
Monthly Payment: $ $450 ($489 w/ tax)
Cash Due at Signing: $ 2,750
MSD: 3
Incentives: No VPP / No Loyalty
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.0039
Residual: 56%
Region: NorCal
Leasehackr Score: 10.9
Other: Passed on Wear and Tear / Maintenance packages. Delivered to home for free.

EDIT July26:
Found cheaper trim for $60,460 --> $488 w/ tax
(Thanks @max_g)

EDIT July26:

Thanks to everyone here and all the great information, I’m coming close to closing a deal (just need to sign)! It was actually a member of this forum that negotiated this for me, but I won’t mention his name unless he wants me to.

I ended up going with a QX60 with tech package (and everything else) because my wife really wanted that 2nd moonroof. It’s more expensive base price and thus higher monthlies but I think I’m getting a really good deal considering I don’t qualify for VPP and loyalty.

MSRP: $61700
Sales Price: $51700
MSD: 3
39/10
Monthly: $499 w/ tax
Drive off + MSD: $3000
Score: 10.8

So excited about this!

Seeing all the great deals here on this forum and in the market for something similar. Been doing my best to get a handle on how it all works and hoping I can get a little advice so I don’t mis-step.

Started with TrueCar to get some quotes from local dealers. Surprised that one came back with what looks to be comparable to what I’m seeing in the forum. Here it is, am I missing anything? What questions should I be asking?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2018 INFINITI QX60 FWD (Prm, Prm+, Drv asst)
Saved Numbers on Leasehackr Calculator: here

MSRP: $ 51,360 (Base: $43,300, Factory installed: $7,065, Delivery: $995)
Selling Price: $ 39,440
Monthly Payment: $ 539
Cash Due at Signing: $ 1,300
MSD: NOT OFFERED
Incentives: $12,000:

• Certified Dealer MSRP Discount -$9,546
  • Bonus Savings -$2,454

Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.0039
Residual:

Region: NorCal
Leasehackr Score: 7.1

4 Likes

Why don’t you find out what dealer(s) other Norcal people used and just start there

And get AWD

1 Like

Thanks @max_g I’ll try to do that - I decided FWD to save some money and gas, what else do I need to know about AWD?

I went to a dealer today to try out the car and they didn’t do MSDs. Nor does the dealer who gave me the above pricing.

If I keep asking will I eventually find some that offers MSDs? Is it worth moving ahead if I get a good discount but can’t get MSDs?

It’s meaningless because it’s just a price, might not even be applicable to a lease. Need lease quotes. I wouldn’t put much faith in TrueCar, the dealers pay for that service. You might be missing a dealer that doesn’t use them. Do your own leg work and cut out the middle man.

1 Like

@joeblogs thanks, I will call around - that’s good advice as only 2 dealers responded to my TrueCar inquiry.

Regarding the lease quotes: I just added in some additional information from the dealer that just came back.

I was using the advice in the “Deals and Tips” forum as a guideline but it looks like without the MSDs, even though my selling price is low, my monthlies and my leasehackr score is still far off.

Is it just the MSDs or am I missing something else?

Did you miss a zero on the MF? It’s over 9% APR.

1 Like

@toyo I think I did miss a zero… Email from dealer said 0.00039 but the numbers don’t add up in the calculator. Also when I opened up the calculator in the link I shared, they used 0.0039 so I thought that was correct.

I would suggest posting in the Edmunds forum for this car (google make and MF and it’ll be one of the first results) to find out the buy rate MF.

1 Like

You guys are correct - MF is 0.00039

I think what is happening here is that I’m not getting all the incentives mentioned in the original email when I asked for the quote.

As Joeblogs mentioned, the initial email was just “Estimated Discounts” and since I don’t qualify for VPP and never owned an inifiniti they probably removed those from the quote resulting in the $539 monthly payments

I’ll get try to get a proper quote from the dealer tomorrow to confirm. Learning a lot here, thanks all

Either way, this is a super poor deal, especially for a 2018. people here, myself included, have been getting 53K qx60 for mid 300 payment with MSD, or low 400s without MSD. where are you in NorCal? If you are near San Jose, contact Joe Morerci at Bishop

2 Likes

@eelnoraa thank you, I’m in SF so that’s a possibility.

Did you get to that 300 payment by qualifying for loyalty and VPP? I’m just realizing how much I’m missing out by not qualifying for either.

No loyaty, just VPP. And not 300 payment. I say mid 300. My exact payment is $369. I have known people get less.

I think your number don’t add up. RV in your case, 39/10K, should be ~58% of MSPR or $29,788.8. Selling price is $39.440, so depreciation cost is only $9651.2 for the entire lease or $247.46 per month for 39 month. That means $291 is your interest per month. It is a hand waving sanity check. It is not way off. Do you have any negative trade in?

1 Like

I have a 2018 qx60 awd with similar MSRP - $51,010 which i leased for $450 w/tax including maintenance and wear and tear ultimate protection plan for life of lease. Its 39 mo/15k miles with VPP and MSDs. If you do 10k miles, its high 300s. I got it from Beshoff Infiniti in San Jose in May. If you need referral, let me know, they will match what i got.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s very good compared to other deals on this forum. There are a lot of other deals from Shared Deals and Marketplace that I would try to match instead

1 Like

Updated original post with exciting developments!

The Deluxe Touring or Tech package, whatever it’s called these days, should be around 58,xxx MSRP…did you actually want the Theater package and whatever gets you to 61,700?

Theater was on my list of ‘must NOT have’, but it can be hard to find a Deluxe that isn’t loaded up to the gills with everything

1 Like

@max_g - Yeah, it includes the theatre package, the car is fully loaded, and as you mentioned, the choices were limited.

Are you saying that it is on your list of NOT haves because it inflates the MSRP? I was excited about this because we have kids and might put it to use, but I’m seeing what you’re saying… without the theatre and at the same price, I would be saving a bunch of money

Will double check trim options just to be sure. Thanks for bringing this up!

I personally wanted to avoid the Theater package because the kids are accustomed to no screentime in the car (at home is ok, I’m not OCD about it) and I wasn’t about to let Infiniti’s poor selection change that…plus it’s overpriced IMO

2 Likes

TYRANT!!!

2 Likes

LOL… I almost wrote “at home is OK, i’m not a nazi about it”

2 Likes