9000 Lease One Pay for Volt in San Jose Paul (408) 464-6499

What Phil did just hurts his credibility. That being said having had an EV for 2 years, DCFC is incredibly useful and probably worth $21 or $14 per month.

1 Like

I agree it can be useful, but his use case (already has a level 2 charger where he lives, and doesn’t plan to use this car for long road trips, its basically a commuter car) he just didn’t want to pay for it. Compounded by the fact that when he showed up he was told the car was available, but then 2 hour later after waiting was told it wasn’t.

I get that the car could be sold before they get to him (nature of the beast, first to sign gets it), but if just keep someone waiting for hours, they are going to feel as if they were lied to the whole time.

2 Likes

Yes, had a bad experience with Phil in person. He is not the same person he portrays himself in the forums. Uses tactics like Bait and switch, Self-promotion and creating artificial demand. Wish there were more Chevy dealers in the forums to give them a run for their money.
Trish on the other hand seems reasonable at least to my knowledge.

I’ve tried to contact Phil Gileno several times after he posted offers and have never received a call back.

1 Like

Hey now, my reputation is important to me, that’s not what happened.
A coworker set his appointment but I verified the price. I was with a customer when he arrived but I Checked inventory as soon as he got here and we let him know the last of the base LT with no dcfc was already sold.
I never changed a price I told him or refused to honor a deal… that’s very different. The car was Sold. It happens. It’s first come first served. If it sold earlier I would have called a let him know. We started with 4 But last I checked we had 2 still, then they both sold.

it was month end, they were selling quickly. someone got the last base with no dcfc beofore he did. we had one with dcfc and comfort that was about 1,200 more MSRP and we offered it to him for 500 more on the one pay. That was not the plan but better to offer him that then just say sorry thanks for coming. Again I never change my deal and i’m very upfront with pricing, but if a car sells then its sold. You know me better then that @thetoad

PhilGileno@gmail.com
I answer at least every morning or every night unless I’m out of town. I Set appointments for times from 12pm-8pm. I usually answer emails before and after those times. For immediate response for same day appointments text me 415-596-6262

way to let potential customer knows you only work twice a day

I’m not sure where you gathered that from his post. He said he checks email every morning or every night. He sets appointments during the day and answers emails in between them. He gave up his cell.

Are you expecting him to work 24/7?

EDIT: Nevermind. I replied after realizing Phil had something different initially.

I did say I can expect that things get sold (and I explained that to him to, things get sold… However, he didn’t know that the car wasn’t available. He explicitly thought he asked and was told it was at least as explained to me As I wrote above, the car with DCFC could have been the same deal or even better, but he had a bad taste in his mouth due to the either the lack of communication or miscommunication (depending on one’s POV).

I changed the post, at first I just said Morning or night and expected people to assume the rest, that’s my fault. I do take criticism well lol. But yea I try to answer all my requests at least once a day but Life happens. Imagine not being able to leave work at work. I’ve had LH customers contact me from 6am to 2am, I try my best. And thanks to everyone.

Yea and that was unfortunate. The person who bought the last one was still in the booth and decided to go with the deal not too long before he got there I guess. its not like it sold early in the day. I don’t waste peoples time or mine, I would have told him it sold and told him what I still had available. The guy he was working with is kind of new, maybe he didn’t communicate well enough, i’ll have a chat with him. But I did personally let him know it was sold when I got involved again. I had like 5 people here at once at that time.

yeah, I think some people forget that…not just with you, but other dealers/brokers as well. Someone asks a question and expects an immediate response, or expects someone to find them a brokered deal for free. I’m not calling anyone out by name, nor am I referring to anyone in particular in this thread, but I’ve seen it enough to make you scratch your head. People forget you have a day job, and are dealing with people actually standing in front of you or on the phone. They also forget/don’t realize they’re not the only one barraging you with questions.

I’m off my soapbox. Carry on.

1 Like

This is my last time posting in Pauls thread it makes us all feel more negative lol. I’m going back to the happiness of my thread after this lol.

Thanks so much. It means a lot to hear that some people understand. I try my best but I can’t be there for the 6am person and the 2am person and stay sane. I never get to leave work, the contact never stops, and I always try my best to keep up. Ball games, Kids sports event, DMV, driving, eating, imagine if you had work to do any minute. Some of you do… I love what I do and no complaints, but thanks for understanding.

So he’s was told by the person he was working with that the car for $500 more did not have comfort. Just DCFC. in his view he was told this explicitly. as DCFC increases MSRP by $750, it doesn’t seem like such a good deal to me to pay $500 more for it. DCFC + Comfort does makes sense to increase about $500 and if that was the case I would have walked him through to figure out

a) how much he really wanted the car, b) was it really worth the $500 to him due to A.

but as I said, he was under the impression the whole 2 hours he was waiting that the car he thought he had an agreement for was ready for him. As I wrote above, it can be due to miscommunication, but miscommunication doesn’t leave a customer feeling good.

1 Like

Volt One Pay $9,500 with Current Lease and GM Supplier Code Call Paul (408) 464-6499

8950 Lease One Pay for Volt in San Jose Paul (408) 464-6499 w/current lease and supplier code

Any additional discounts for new grads?

What’s the current lease one pay for volt?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill