2020 Subaru Legacy

Not much changed on the outside, but that thing (Touring XT) is loaded. And has 260 hp engine.

I love the new interior! But I’m one of the ‘huge tablet in the middle of the dash’ fanboys. It at least looks like the quality has taken a step up too. I’m just not sure if they’ve done enough (or really anything at all) with the exterior design to stem the flow to SUVs. I’m glad they’ve kept a turbo option!

The new Outback will be interesting to see though.

They are very conservative with the exterior designs. But interior looks really good. Too bad my lease is up soon.

I’m sure Subaru doesn’t mind since it sells all sorts of lifted cars… :wink:

The exterior was nothing to extensive of a change,I’m pondering why they didn’t go to the extreme. I think out of the Subaru line up the legacy is the better looking of all the models. The new interior is very nice but I’m wondering how much the big huge tablet option must cost…I’m thinking at least $2000+ I didn’t look at prices but just taking a wild guess!

I agree they could’ve been more bold. However, I’m not sure the Japanese car makers do very well when they go for ‘extreme’ designs - see current Prius, Lexus and their WHOPPING GREAT BIG GRILLES and the new Accord seems pretty divisive so maybe they’re right to play it safe?

1 Like

Will be standard I think, at least on higher trims.

Although this model would have been in the pipeline for several years, I don’t know any any automaker today green lights an expensive redesign of a sedan after seeing the very good Accord and Camry 2018 models do nothing to slow the flow of sales to SUVs.

Segment is rapidly shrinking. Making the numbers work for these types or cars is going to get harder and harder. Volkswagen certainly didn’t think they could make the Passat numbers work in America despite already spending a lot of money to make a new European version.

I agree, I’m hoping that they’ve put all their design might behind the new Outback instead as that will actually sell.

And the new Outback is here finally with a turbo option! It’s definitely an ‘all change but no change’ situation but I do kinda like it. Coming to take over the PNW soon!

2 Likes

Yeah, the same ugly wagon. They will probably bring back 260 hp XT to the 2020 Forester also.

1 Like

I actually think the subtle changes are welcome (esp the rather stylish D-pillar). And, yes, I imagine it will sell in droves.