2019 VW Jetta sel

New to the leasing world, looking to get the new Jetta with sel, have contacted a few dealers around in nj and asked for the mf and rv Edmunds

Does this seem like a good starting deal or am I still too far

Selling price : 25390
Incentive:1000 + 250
Miles/months: 10k/36

Mf was quoted at .00110
RV at $15234 (60%, I think)

Monthly lease price: 277 (320 with taxes and fee rolled in)
Down:, tax and fee

Will be trading in my car which I can hopefully get 5-6k for

320 a month for a Jetta seems much no matter how many combinations of lighting they can do with the 10 ambient light interior , don’t use the money of your trade in car towards the lease they will bamboozle you this way

Definitely will not be paying that, this was the first quote i got over email, will go in person and try to get a lower deal

My current car is a 2 door one so i have to get a bigger one. Have never sold a car before and that was my first one so trade has been my only option for now

You need to do more research. Everything you are saying is advised against on here.

2 Likes

To be clear, unless you need to test drive one don’t go in to the dealership until you have a deal worked out with which you’re satisfied.

No one will recommend trading in your car, especially on a lease. It’s the same thing as putting money down–you lose that equity if your lease is stolen or totaled. Get quotes from Carvana, Vroom and CarMax if you’re not willing to sell it privately.

Check to see if your employer qualifies you for the partner program, that’s an extra $500 off the car.

Having shopped the 2019 Jetta SEL, I think that you can do better. I saw a thread on here where someone down in GA was able to get $4000 off before the $1000 incentive. Different region, but it was the best deal I saw and was what I considered a benchmark.

Edit: It was actually a response on a thread I started. 2019 VW Jetta Questions

Yeah I was looking at another Jetta but nobody locally wanted to play ball, definitely need $4000 off plus the $1000 customer cash. Or go hack a 3 series loaner, that’s what I did.

Looks like they have the MF marked up, according to edmunds it should be in the range of .00043. Am currently hacking one of these for my girlfriend. Also I see you’re in the NJ area, if you attend the philly car show and sign up at the VW section they provide a $500 rebate for your purchase