2019 Volvo S60 T6 Momentum AWD Lease Wanted

You can’t win with a 20 year old know it all. He always manages to suck me in though because his sense of real world reality is so warped. Then again, I guess we were all 20 and knew everything once too. I hope we weren’t as obnoxious about it though :wink:

3 Likes

What did I say wrong? You disagree that 2.5T isn’t reliable?

Yet people are keeping those cars that don’t last longer :roll_eyes:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.caranddriver.com/news/amp22815727/america-household-vehicle-age/

1 Like

Ok, I’m as much at fault as anyone for getting off topic, but let’s get back on track. Keep it to the OPs original question or it’ll get moved to the landfill.

3 Likes

@mp11477 this is all my fault :slight_smile:

1 Like

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

So do we think these s60’s are going to be affordable in the near future?

1 Like

Not for a few months it seems

1 Like

I don’t get how anyone could live with the interior on the Momentum (or even R-Design) compared to an Inscription. I get that the price is much lower, but the Momentum interior is so bad it almost feels like a non-luxury car. My wife and I looked at a 2017 XC90 Momentum and we laughed out loud at the swath of non-perforated, bumpy leather as soon as we opened the door and asked the salesman to go get an Inscription instead. In my opinion, it’s well worth the money to jump up to an Inscription. The R-Design is a bit nicer than the Momentum, but you still miss out on a lot of the luxury features the Inscription has.

Preach it man. Everyone likes something different. I can’t get into Infiniti’s at all. I think they’re just plain…boring. Fast…sure, but the lines are boring and there is nothing unique about them.

I also can’t remember the last time I spoke about 0-60 times with anyone :slight_smile:

To me, Infiniti is a “rental car I get moderately excited about.” Nothing more.Wannabe luxury car that’s…not so luxurious…

4 Likes

@ROMIL i looked at all 3 and agree with you 100% but price, having a wife who isnt a fan of “sporty” feeling seats in the R Design (I do love the stitching/bolstering of those seats) and a 3 1/2 year old kid I dont need “luxury” but at the same time wanted tech and to be over 300hp. Im not a fan of the faux wood design at all that is cheap to me. I do also like the paddle shifters in the R.

Inscription has real wood and MOM/R do not have any wood inlays standard or as an option. just “metal”.

Inside, Scandinavian design combines with standard genuine wood and rich leather to create an opulent environment. Choose from a range of Inscription-exclusive colors and trims, including Maroon Brown leather and Driftwood Decor inlays. Smart technology, including standard Sensus Navigation and Harman/Kardon premium sound, keep you in touch and in control on the move.

S60 MOM doesn’t come with leather at all, even not an option. And their leatherette looks cheap, yeah.
But you can get an Inscription for the same price as nicely loaded MOM at around $45K.

S60 MOM doesn’t come with leather at all, even not an option. And their leatherette looks cheap, yeah.
But you can get an Inscription for the same price as nicely loaded MOM at around $45K.
[/quote]

Hmm…wonder if that’s also true of the XC90 MOM I was so unimpressed with (leatherette rather than leather)? All I know is it was really bad.

XC90/XC60 T5 MOM has leatherette standard. I think it started on 2016-17 MY XC90 and on 2019 XC60

If you think the S60 Momentum interior looks “cheap” then don’t look at the new BMW, Infiniti, Audi etc. because it looks much richer than those cars. But I definitely agree that the Inscription looks awesome and better than the Momentum for sure.

If size is not an issue then anyone looking at a new S60 should at least consider a discounted S90, its a lot more car for the money and looks even richer on the inside. Its too big for me but its sharp!

I don’t, by any means. I actually love it. What I hate though is that leather is not even an option on MOM and leatherette does look cheap. Yet, leather is standard (in addition to plaid cloth) on V60 MOM.

I just got a XC60 T5 and I got the leather upholstery upgrade for $1,600. This also gets you the full power seats with 4 way lumbar and power thigh support extenders. I am more than happy with the interior quality. I do agree though that the base leatherette looks cheap.

The S90s are huge, tough to park and poor turning radius i read…just a bit too much car for me…but what do you think a discounted monthly would be on one?

I guess one of my points is that the Momentum leatherette looks much better, and far less cheap, than the Dakota leather in the BMW and the other competitors base leather seats. The Napa upgrades from Volvo and all manufacturers look much better of course, but they also don’t wear as well. A first world problem to be sure…

2 Likes

The R Napa and stitching were very nice.