2019 Subaru Outback, Limited, 2.5i, Just Leased $350/mo, 15k miles, $1000 drive off

I spent a lot of time reviewing the deals posted here, so I wanted to share what I just signed. I’m by no means bragging about it, but it felt reasonable to me. After reading a few lease deals for similar outbacks from $295-320/mo, I’m impressed how you got there. The dealerships laughed at me when I mentioned that price. Anyway…

Just leased:

2019 Subaru, Outback, Limited, 2.5i (with sunroof and nav. package)

**MSRP: $36,497
**Selling Price: $31,052
**Monthly Payment: $350 (including tax)
**Cash Due at Signing: $1000 (drive offs totaled $1240)
**Incentives: None
**Annual Mileage: 15k/yr
**MF: 0.0059
**Residual: $20438
**Region: Orange Country California

*I did get sucked in to the $9/mo insurance on tires, rims, keys, windows, dents. Insurance is always a gamble, but it was 9:30pm on a Friday and I was an easy target at that point.

I started at Irvine Subaru. Their first offer was 12k, 36 months at $437/mo, $1032 drive off, OR 15k, 36 months was $459/mo, $1032 drive off. They didn’t seem that interested in moving on price, but my guess is they’re in a market that doesn’t negotiate much and they still move plenty of cars. I ultimately got them down to 12k, 36mo, $370/mo, $1000 drive off.

I then went to McKenna in Huntington Beach. Their first offer was 12k, 36 mo, $359/mo, $1500 drive off. We didn’t discuss a 15k option, just understood it would be about $23 more per month.

I then read one more post in the 11th hour about emailing all local dealers to see what they’d do. So I did last minute. I sent Ocean Subaru an email with me preferred sales price, residual, money factor, monthly payment, and drive off. Immediately they responded and were willing to work with me. I was about to sign with McKenna, then Ocean undercut them. McKenna couldn’t match it. The McKenna sales guy was great, respectful, understood, and just asked that I come in for service then, ha.

I’m impressed by the post’s who signed leases closer to $300/mo. Maybe I’m still the fool and I should have pushed harder, but I felt comfortable with the deal at $350/mo. Better than the $800 I was spending a month to finance our Tahoe LTZ.

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

1 Like

i think you did pretty well