2019 Range Rover Velar 340 R-Dynamic Quote and GLC 43 AMG Quote

2019:
Range Rover, Velar, R-Dynamic 340:
36/Annual 12K:
75219:

I just received the following quote from a Texas Land Rover dealership. $73,682 MSRP, the Sales price comes out to only $71,682 ($2,000 Incentive) and with $3,000 down = $68,682.

The Money Factor is awful. The sales rep is saying the bank sets the Money Factor and because this is a Luxury vehicle, that can’t be changed. The dealership is also trying to cut me a deal, by painting the wheels black, because they don’t have a model with black wheels, only dark gray. When I build the vehicle online adding black wheels instead of the dark gray it’s only $100 extra for this option. They are acting like they are doing me favor by saving me $1,200 to do this for me.

I’m not moving on this deal, as $1,000 lease payment seems extremely high. The sales rep is willing to put me in a base model with MSRP of $51,000 for $795 a month with the same pricing model below. I’ve already responded that I’m not willing to compromise on a base Velar just so the bank numbers work for my budget.

I’d like to get others opinions on these quotes. Thank you!

MSRP $73,682
$2,000 Incentive
12k miles/year
$3,000 Down

36 Months
Money Factor .00184
Residual 53%
Sales Tax $4,503.75
Doc Fee $150
Acquisition fee $895
Local Fees $193
$1,240/mth

39 Months
Money Factor .00168
Residual 52%
Sales Tax $4,503.75
Doc Fee $150
Acquisition fee $895
Local Fees $193
$1,158/mth

They are giving you zero discount on the car. Finance the car give you essential the same payment. Run don’t walk away from these condescending dealers.

1 Like

I agree! I mentioned that their lease monthly payment was more like purchase price numbers.

WHAT!? $1000 on a Velar!?

Stop.

No way.

This isn’t real right?

Take the $70K 4 cyl I have for 700/month plus tax w $2500!

2 Likes

I know that in Texas, we have to pay full sales tax on the Sales Price, but these numbers still seem extremely high.

I also spoke to a Mercedes dealership about an GLC 43 AMG
$71,195 MSRP
$500 (Company Discount)
Sales Price $70,695
Money Factor- .00162 (3.88%)
Residual- $34,885 (49%)
Sales Tax = $4,418.44 (6.25% Texas)

Monthly Payment $1,302.93 with $2,500 Down.

I feel like Leases have gone to crap! These are crazy numbers!

You need to research the selling prices in your area so you can negotiate a discount. These cars arent being sold for MSRP. Figure out what discount on the selling price you can achieve and politely ask for slightly more.

1 Like

You received two offers from two different brands at full MSRP, there is for sure something suspect going on and I don’t think it has anything to do with the general state of leases. Yes, in some cases MF has gone up over time with interest rates, but that shouldn’t impact a dealer’s ability to sell a car below invoice let alone below MSRP.

The MF isn’t terrible relatively speaking compared to other luxury cars on the market.

What’s killing you is the RV and the sales price. You’re apparently shopping at dealers that don’t discount their cars.

Recommend hiring a broker or casting your net far wider.

1 Like

Get a broker, lease prices are fine. You probably should not be negotiating leases by yourself.

I have a feeling that dealers in Texas don’t want to do deals. I asked a Mercedes dealer for a 2018 loaner C43 quote and they initially gave me $500 off and then second quote they said they can do $1500 off. After that the dealer said they can’t give any more discounts on a premium vehicle.

1 Like

Leftover 2018 C43s can be had for $8k-$11k off.

In Texas you really have to know your numbers, what’s achievable, and have a real plan of action to get a good deal on a lease in most cases. You need to know about lease incentives, Texas sales tax credits, how long each targeted vehicle has been on the lot for, etc and even then most dealers won’t play ball.

If you’re looking at higher end SUVs you might have better luck targeting a Mercedes GLS450 or 550 but I haven’t checked stock recently. We did have someone get a good deal on an Audi SQ5 back in November and I did get some good quotes but the incentives reduced a little since then.

If you have the interest and time spend the hours reading up and planning here. Otherwise hiring a broker will almost certainly be your best avenue.

Range Rover numbers :laughing:

Thanks for the feedback. I have a few other dealers pulling numbers on these and they are coming in so far a little lower. I’ll share updates soon.

You may not get anywhere just asking for numbers. All dealers are going to come in high and then move down some to hope to get you to bite. I would suggest you work with a broker or else do your research on what money factors, residuals, incentives, and discount of MSRP you should be shooting for.

I also am in Texas looking for a Velar lease. I have not had much luck. I have looked at the trusted broker page on here and haven’t found any brokers here in Texas. Does anyone know of one or where I could find one? Thanks!

I just sold an E-Pace to Texas, idk why all the dealers out there are unmotivated. Due to our lending bank to lease a car you have to be in state to sign the papers, I’d be happy to get you an amazing Velar lease deal if you are able to fly in to sign. Inconvenient yes, but I’ll save you way more than a few hundred bucks that it takes for you to get out here.

in the market for a velar and willing to fly if the numbers are good. the deal unam getting here for a seems crappy after reading all the posts on this forum. how do I get in touch with u ? i am in Houston