2019 Motor Trend Suv of the Year

Did Jeep pay for this endorsement?

1 Like

I would say, yes.

2 Likes

Hah what a (long!) PR puff piece that is! I learnt to drive in a 90’s Suzuki Samurai and 80’s LR Defender so I am well used to driving ‘agricultural’ feeling vehicles and they invoke happy memories. But would I want to daily one now? In city driving? Absolutelyfrickinnot.

I picked up a 2door JK fairly recently at Hertz and jeez that thing was basic. I know this new model seems to be much improved but I’ve never understood the appeal of these for anyone other than hardcore offroaders. Same with the G-Wagen. But hey, it’d be a boring world if we all thought the same.

2 Likes

Haha - agricultural. I’ve owned a CJ and a TJ, and I rent a JK whenever we visit Hawaii, and I always tell everyone that Jeeps ride like a tractor. Likewise, as much as I loved my Jeeps, I’m just too old for the discomforts that come with the fun.

God knows that the American Welding Society didn’t give that Jeep any awards…

Maybe we should go drive it before delivering a verdict

I think most of us on here simply are not the target audience for the Wrangler. I just don’t see much of a reason to go out of my way to drive one if I don’t think I will enjoy the experience. Haven’t enjoyed previous Wrangler driving experiences.