2019 Mini Countryman S E Loaner 36/15k $450

The OP states loaner in the title so I’d assume at least 15% if not 20% off.

Depending on your location there are some large incentives possible. I’m trying to hack a deal for my wife, in Texas you can get:
$4000 PHEV incentive
$1500 Loyalty (Mini/BMW)
$500 Conquest (doesn’t stack with $1500 Loyalty)
$250 Fleet

Combine that with an RV for 36/10k of 60% and MF of .00162 and these are definitely 1% candidates.

5% on new, 8% on loaner is what I got so far, definitely trying to push more on the loaner…

How to qualify for the conquest?

After a bit of googling it looks like the Loyalty doesn’t stack with 2019 Conquest cash. Doh!

Source: https://www.miniofaustin.com/specials-mini-cash-rebate-save--1500-now-with-mini-triple-loyalty--dealer-9600-sid-94481.html?_page=7

Finally pull the trigger last Friday…

Lol, that vehicle was on my shortlist. It was in Arlington with the Iconic trim? I really like the colour, but my wife didn’t so she’ll be happy it’s gone. We only got to test drive one on Friday so starting to email dealers now for quotes.

Great work with choosing Owners Choice so you get the EV rebates as well as the incentives. That’s basically the exact same vehicle and deal I’m aiming for. I need to have a read up on the EV rebates to make sure we can get them even though we’re not US citizens.

Sorry pretty good deal could have squeezed for a little more but you’ll be able to sleep at night Great car good price

$344 p/m for a $46k vehicle in a full sales tax state is expensive? Check the numbers

Good luck!
I do feel the payment can still be lower, since we have rolled in 4 remains payment on our previous car (dealer overs 2 of them), but after all tax rebates, we’re happy with $344/mo, and not to worry the color combination may be gone if we waited longer…

1 Like

How are you going to get the Federal PHEV credit? In all of our electric car purchases the manufacturer has kept that rebate since you don’t technically own the car.

This is one of the few perks to living in a state with full sales tax on leases. BMW have a special financial product called OwnersChoice that it offers in those states, which acts like a lease but puts the vehicle in your name. Thus you get the rebates and not BMWFS. It also means you wouldn’t pay double sales tax if you chose to buy the car at lease end (which you would with a lease in Texas).

Manufacturer will keep the federal tax rebate if you lease the car, since they own the title. But if you finance or use balloons payment (only offered in certain states) then the title is under your name, in that case, it’ll be qualified for Federal tax rebate.

Thanks, yes, I knew the price is not bottom line yet, but this is our second new car in a month, (got the Stelvio at the end of August, $47,860 for $365/mo) so I’m happy with the final payment, and can now just enjoying both cars without keep negotiating with dealers…

I know you’re also looking in Texas, the best value I think it’s 2018 X5 40e with Owners Choice. After tax rebates and CCA, the payment should be around $450-$499. I almost did that. But tried really hard to staying within our budget… :joy:

Yeah I like the X5 40e, I even started looking at them but I strayed, slightly, and ended up with an X5M…

My wife used to have a Mini One in the UK a decade ago and misses it so she’s got her heart set on some sort of Countryman variant. In the UK we’d go for a smaller Mini but way too many big vehicles and way too many accidents.

Lol, we’re in a similar situation, my wife has 2 Minis a decade ago, but Mini is just too small to surrounded by all those pickup trucks in Texas, we think Countryman is a good comprise solution…

Just to give an example I went into a mini dealer in upstate ny in March 2016 and picked up a 42k Mini Countryman S all4 for 242 a month for 36/10 with nothing due at signing. They even took the mini branded weather techs out of another car and gave me them. I contacted a few dealers from out of state and used those deals to get my local dealer down.

But that’s in 2016… back then, full loaded i3 ($55k)can be in $300 range for TX residents. And also this is for Plug-in Hybrid with higher MSRP.

And Texas charges sales tax on the full sales price too, not just the monthly payment or the partial sales price, that hurts…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill