2019 LEAF SL with tech - first time lessee, help pls!

Hi @ssjiahuiss your $33,885 price sounds like a good deal, especially for a 2019. Yes, the selling price is pre-tax. Our tax rates vary, even around the Bay Area. You can check Edmunds Forums for the money factor, incentives and residual values. The money factor is 0.00258 right now for 2019 Nissan Leafs. You can check the other values and plug those into the Leasehackr calculator.

Hi Evdriver1,

Can you confirm which model year you got from Davis? Did you get the 2018 SL at that price or 2019? We were told that we couldn’t get the 2018 money factor on the 2019. Thanks!

Oh, I’m so sorry for the confusion! I did get a 2018, not a 2019. So I paid the 2018 money factor. I corrected my earlier post.

Hey sharksfan15 - do you know if VPP discounts work the same way? We’re supposed to have $1000 off through VPP, but it sounds like it may not apply if the sell price is $1000 (or more?) under MSRP already? Thanks!

VPP definitely stacks. It is not the same as the PG&E discount.

In 2015 There were a lot of deals of $4000 DAS and $99 for a Leaf S. People had VPP basically pays nothing but the $99 a month (1000 VPP, 2500 cvrp, 500 PG&E adds to $4000). Still do not put down big down payment in case car is totaled.

For me, the VPP pricing I’m eligible for says it’s $1000 below invoice for the Nissan Leaf. I found the Invoice on Edmunds and on CostCoAuto.com. The TrueCar price and the CostCo price might be lower than VPP (they were in my case). Separately, a guy I knew took the CostCo price sheet (that included the options he wanted) to Boardwalk Nissan (which was different than the Nissan dealer he was pointed to) that had the car he wanted and they matched it.

I know these leases change all the time. But my 2018 Leaf S w Quick Charge came in at $359+tax and was a true $0 down. MF was .00036 with a terrible 30% residual. The rebates available cancelled out (some) how bad the residual was. The good news is I can purchase at lease end for $9800 which after one year of ownership I am likely to do. It is a great car, especially for commuting and in AZ where you can register it for 5 years and $45.

1 Like

Just to update everyone, we did end up leasing our 2018 Leaf from Ramin in Davis, and I think we got a very similar deal to EVdriver1. They initially had 4 of the same silver SL models and we may have gotten the last one.

3 weeks in and I am loving it! Thanks again for everyone’s input and support.

1 Like

So you guys don’t know about what Hayward Nissan is running?
http://www.haywardnissan.com/new-nissan-leaf-lease-finance-offers-near-fremont-ca.htm

2019 Leaf S
Lease for $129 /mo. for 36 mos w/$2,500 down

• MSRP$33,125
  • Hayward Nissan Discount $3,500
  • Leaf Loyalty (must qualify) $2,000
  • VPP Partner Program (must qualify) $1150
1 Like

Thanks Mark, but that deal wouldn’t have worked for me since we leased ours before 12/31/18, we wanted the SL, not the S, and went with the 2018 model rather than 2019 due to ridiculously high MF on the 2019s.

Yep, timing is everything.
For a moment i was thinking to buy a used Leaf just to qualify for that $2k. At $129 with 3500 down is basically just $129 after $3500 in rebates for SoCal…very tempting.

@Mark.ca wow that’s a seriously ridiculous deal. I had a 2015 Leaf too and work for a company that is VPP approved :weary: I’m in AZ tho

I see $159 /month with $2500 down on the website. Did the numbers just go up?

That was for SV, what i posted was for S…and yes, they increased the prices. They got new stock so these are probably new cars. They bumped up by $1k.

Hi there, I’m in the same situation, shopping for a 2019 SL w/ tech package, 36mo, 12k, in the Bay Area.

Via my employer VPP, I got an offer from a few dealers, including one from Hayward:
$36,200.00 (base msrp) + $1,300.00 (packages) + $895.00 (delivery) = $38,395.00 (final msrp)
$3,620.00 + $100.00 + 1000 + 1000 = $5,720.00 (dealer discount, vpp, lease incentive)
$38,395.00 - $5,720.00 = $32,675.00
Didn’t get monthly break down yet…

It includes lease incentives I don’t qualify for like loyalty. Is this just to get me in the door and then “surprise, here are the real numbers” ?

Also, my current commute is coming very close to that 12k, but I’m hoping that with the HOV decal, I can take the 101 / 87 for shorter commute. -> does this make sense?

You will need to qualify for loyalty, so you will need to subtract that rebate from their numbers. You will get the full $7500 rebate passed through as a lease incentive on the SL model (it goes up if you get an SV or S, but the residual also drops a couple points). Ask for the money factor and residual and post it here. They are probably telling you VPP is a rebate but it is processed as part of the initial cap adjustment.

I ended taking a lease at a different dealer. But here are some pointers:

• All dealers had the same money factor 0.00258, same dealer rebate $8,500 and same residual $15,358. The difference was in how they did the math to get to some apparently random monthly.

• Later they confirmed that those VPP incentives weren’t applicable. Also, whatever price quote I got from their first emails were for Financing, not Leasing. So Leasing had a higher Selling Price! Is this OK??

• I was hoping to do 2k down and ~350/mo. In the end, only 1 dealer would do 4k drive off (1/2 in down, 1/2 in fees), 399/mo, also with some magic math. I ended up doing this one. All the rest would make slight changes, but i’d pay more either way. No matter what I negotiated, none were matching with leasehackr calculator, nor sticking to the original selling price (financing price), nor going under 400/mo… So I don’t think I had other options, other than just take what they offered… Do dealers talk to each other?

• I think it was very expensive, for a lease especially that the leaf has small interior and kind of plasticky/cheap interior. Otherwise the car is great.

• At least the dealer was not pushing me any crap at the finance desk, and the process was super smooth.

For whatever it’s worth I just saw an offer on Honcker for $1961 DAS and $317/month.
Does anyone have any experience using that app? Are those numbers reasonable?

Congrats and hope you enjoy it! I love my Leaf.

It’s a tough lease to hack. The 2019s aren’t leasing well because of the MF. I actually leased a second 2018 last week, an SV with $0 DAS for $332+tax a month. It isn’t fancy like yours:) How is the Pro Pilot assist btw?

I have found it helpful to bring my spreadsheet and checking their math in real time. The numbers should add up to the penny unless they are hiding something.

Where did you get this??
I tried for the 2018s too because they are essentially the same car, but none around SF Bay Area…
In the end, it wouldn’t matter what numbers I brought, since no dealers would budge…

I like the car so far. I love Pro Pilot Assist, exactly for what it was made for: stop and go traffic on the freeway (at least until i get my sticker).

The steering is out of this world! I got the SL mostly because of premium sound and all around cameras and leather. Sound is underwhelming, but not bad. Cameras are great because I hate people who can’t park so it’s been helping a lot!