2019 Kia Soul EV Lease Bay Area NorCal

Hi. I’ve been browsing LH for a while and appreciate all the info people are sharing!

I’m new to this and am looking to replace my 2015 Spark EV whose lease is ending soon. Does anyone have any feedback on this lease offer on a 2019 Kia Soul EV Base from a Kia dealer in the Bay Area? It’s the first offer I received.

2019 Kia Soul EV base
36 month lease with 10k per year
$1,999 down
$197.87 per month plus tax

Here is a screenshot from what the dealer sent me.

I used the LH calculator, but I clearly seem to be missing something:

They’re showing a 42% residual, your calculator shows 60%.

1 Like

And he didnt include the EV incentives, probably that makes up the difference

1 Like

Thanks @Dinab. Sorry for missing something so obvious! The sales guy wrote 60% residual in his email, but I didn’t do the math and must have looked at it from the wrong end of the equation.

I changed the residual to 42% and it gets me to $184/month before taxes, which seems quite a bit below the $197.87 in the offer.

@defy is the EV incentives you are referring to something from Kia and is it something I should be mentioning in the negotiation? I’m seeing $13,300 in incentives for the Kia Soul EV on Edmunds here.

I live in SoCal, and I recently leased mine.

2019 Kia Soul EV base
36-month lease with 12k per year
$1,500 down
$255 flat monthly payment

Hope it helped.

1 Like

Here is an offer from another dealer for the Soul EV base:

MSRP:$35,030
Your Price: $32,845
Rebate: $13,100 rebate
Miles: 10k
Months: 36
Residual:$14362
MF: 0.00201
Down Payment (including all fees/first payment): $2,000
Monthly Payment: $238 +tax

Thanks @gparkwjc. Does your $1,500 down include all fees and does $255/month include tax?

The offer on the Kia website is $219/month with $1,999 down for the base and $1,999 down and $239/month for the +.

@3141 Correct. $1,500 down payment includes all fees and $255 per month includes tax. I am not sure if you are getting quotes over the phone or through online, regardless, it would be better to deal on the site. I found that the sales associates are not cooperative/willing to make a competitive offer over the phone, you might have to make a few trips but it’s worth trying.

1 Like

Looks like you had a total lease cost of $10,425. I think I’m going to try for $10,000 on a base or $10,700 for an EV+. Wish me luck!

Did you lease Kia Soul Base? Could you please let me know how much you paid along with dealership information?

I did not. The deals I was getting quoted was around $11,360 - $11,900 at a 9.5% tax rate, which was too high for me.

Any Kia dealers have a good offer on the Kia Soul Ev? I have an optima lease that is ending mid-February and looking to get a Soul EV and possibly waive the disposition fee.
I live is So Cal, and willing to drive any distance for a good price

can you let us know which stealership this is?