2019 Honda Civic TypeR

2019 Honda Civic TypeR

MSRP 36,600 (41k OTD for this particular dealer)
RS 65%
$23,786
MF .00250

The dealership I went to told me that in order to have a 400/mo payment I’d have to put down $8,411.

I’m trying to lease one and not get ripped off. What would be a good deal if I get it at MSRP? (There are a few dealers in the area willing to do MSRP)

If this quote was from yesterday, it’s no good unless Honda’s programs stay the same in March.

If they are doing it at MSRP, plug all the numbers into the calculator and see what it says. There wouldn’t be anything else that could make it better if the MF isn’t marked up, and they aren’t discounting. Just make sure they aren’t adding extra dealer installed junk into the deal.

I can tell you now though, if you want 400/mo, this is not the car for you without a hefty down payment.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

I went in there to see what they would say considering dealers have been playing customers for fools when it comes to this car. I’m comfortable paying mid 500’s for a lease at MSRP. So when I had asked them, to play with numbers, they gave me that figure (8k down)

I plugged it into the calculator and it states 539/mo with 1k down 36/mo MSRP 36,600, RS 65%, MF .00250. which seems rather reasonable to me I guess. But I’m baffled because they quoted me around 660-690/mo so something isn’t adding up.

Edit: This was 2 weeks ago.

Couldn’t tell you without a lease breakdown sheet. You’ll have to start over now that it’s march though

1 Like

I’m so confused, if you’re going to pay over 500, you should just finance it. I imagine type Rs will hold their value well too.

1 Like

Any of those MSRP dealers have a grey one? If so … please PM me

1 Like

Is there any particular reason you want to lease?
Even though the Residual is good, MF is gonna stay high and they aren’t that inclined to discount them because they know they can sell them at or over sticker and people will still buy them.

Cars like this usually make more sense to just purchase instead of lease.

1 Like

They definitely do hold their value. The reason why I want to lease is to have lower monthly payments. Lease to own is the intention.

You’d prob end up paying more in the end so just buy it.

That’s obviously not working here in this case. If you’re planning to buy it at lease end just finance it from the get go.

Curious to know, what if you buy a CPO or used (plenty on cars.com) and finance through credit union and just sell it back in a year or two?

Honestly why would you want that car so many Honda dealers are sitting on them. I’d go look at the focus rs golf r or an s3. The focus rs ford dealers were sitting on for 2 years and are just starting to make deals I know someone with a 2017 quite comical at this point

Dude, buy CPO. A lot of used Type Rs going below 36k right now.

If you lease to own, you will have spent way more money than you needed to. Just finance from the beginning.

Lease to own I assume only make sense if the car has low lease residual and it was discounted heavily(in any form, rebate, dealer discounts whatever).

In CTR, I don’t think it’s not the case.

You would definitely want to buy, if you really like the car.
Maybe try buy out of state, do they still try to ask over MSRP now?
I was under the impression dealer now willing to let go at MSRP if not slightly lower.

The average ADM is 3k-5k now. Used to be 10k-15k. Some dealerships are willing to do MSRP but nothing below that.

I appreciate everyone’s input.

Reminds me of the guy on here who traded in an F-150 with negative equity to pay 10k over MSRP on a CTR.

1 Like

Dealerships need their unicorn deals also:)

2 Likes

This one goes here

That’s what a dealer asking 8k over MSRP told me…