2019 Ford Fusion hybrid SEL

Hey guys last month I was trying to make it happen with the infamous Ford Fusion hybrid deal that was going around as I needed a good commuter car that’s good on gas and this car blew all my other option out the water in terms of price and features,
For what you pay there’s a lot to love on this car , anyhow I almost didn’t get the $7400 dollar rebate since I had basically almost missed the date cut off for it and I was ready to just accept the new $5750 one would have to do , but I was able to lock it in last mintute and I ended with this , the only part where I feel I got taken was on the MF, I was almost certain I would come as tier 1 but the fact my credit is youngish and already have an open auto made “ford” make the call and put me on tier 2 , I say “ford” because I’m starting to think maybe the dealer played games there, it was last minute and I walked out when they pulled that at first but basicallly they were ok with me leaving and didn’t stutter so I kinda believed them it was the banks call on the MF and not them jacking it so I came back and took it,
Here’s how the deal looks:
Ford Fusion Hybrid SEL 2019
Msrp: 33610

Selling price: (with $7000 rebate applied as dealer discount cash) $24000 ( so total of about $2600 dealer discount

Down payment and drive offs: 0 down

Tax: 10% (thanks LA,s most expensive tax bracket :/)

Money factor: about 3% APR ( check the calculator link, but this basically raised my payment about 20 bucks coz of the tier 2 call :/)

Rebates: $400 ( this small one was applied as a rebate the $7k one was applied as dealer discount )

Residual: 46-47%

Term 36 months / 12k miles per year

Monthly payment: dunnnnn duunnn duuuunnnn
$339.86 a month

How’d I’d do guys , drop the hammer how hosed I get :slight_smile:

leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Ford&msrp=33610&sales_price=24000&months=36&mf=.00128&dp=0&doc_fee=80&acq_fee=645&taxed_inc=400&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=47&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=10&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0

1 Like

You’re the second person I’ve seen recently mentioning that a Ford dealer applied the rebates as “dealer cash”. Is this really a thing? I’m curious how that would even work. The dealer always gets the rebates and discounts the car for (hopefully) the same amount. Can they really use thousands of dollars worth of dealer cash to skate around the taxabilty of the rebates?

Yup, I don’t know how or why they can do that but they did I didn’t bother on questioning It :slight_smile:

Look at @dibtastic’s post earlier today. The salesperson wrote the same thing on the worksheet. :joy:

2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE $259/mo $259 DAS?

1 Like

If you were able to get dealer to apply part of the rebate towards the pre-incentive sales price, you are lucky lol. No dealer would play ball with that in Nor-Cal calling it bad business.

I think you did OK considering this was an SEL. Most of the deals you see on LH in the last month have been for the SE who’s MSRP starts at $28,450 I was in the same boat where dealer was pushing us to apply with Tier 2 MF but I said we will take the chance and apply with Tier 1. Fortunately it worked out.

For an SEL, hard to tell if it is a great deal, but I don’t think you did terrible. Plus, you were able to get the $7400 LC which is great. Enjoy the car! I hadn’t driven one or sat in one before I signed but was pretty happy with it after I got the walk-through.

Interesting! Looks like the dealer did something similar for my MX-5 lease as well.

Thanks bro I’m certain it was a good deal since I called and called and called some more about 15 dealerships in the CA area and none wanted anything to do with more than 2k off the price, that combined with th fact I was hunting a specific color with the sunroof made my options kinda slim , fortunately a local dealer played ball nicely and had my car , man for 340 a month I got smart cruise control , lane keep assist, blind spots , emergency braking and collision warning, apple CarPlay, “leather” sitting surfaces ;), a great sound system and muuhh sunroof, can’t complain really and yes nobody here seems to have gone SEL, and I couldn’t put myself around the idea of driving the bottom barrel base model

I’m not sure of all the differences but the base SE actually has all the features that you mentioned minus sunroof, and adaptive cruise control.

Nonetheless, as long as you are happy with it! It will help build up your credit too since you are young. Enjoy!

Yup yup the SEL gets full LED lights, smart cruise control , a huge step up in terms of the sound system, the leatherette seats ,and some other small detail I forgot about

The monthly includes tax? If so, seems like a completely respectable deal for a nicely outfitted mid-sized car at 12k/yr (esp if you got the specific color you wanted)…

Yup $339 with tax included

hi

Do we get any federal rebates or CA federal credit on 2019 fusion hybrid SE model ?

Thanks

Nope , would have to be the energi plug in one for that

Nice work leasecrackr95, officially joining the ford fusion party :metal:

1 Like