Annual Mileage: 10k
MF:.00009 adjusted for one pay .00051 before
Residual: 66%
Tax rate 7%
DOC- 181
REG- 200

Region: Chicago
Leasehackr Score: 19.4

Just closed this deal out today. GM was running some bonus points on my GM card so this worked out best lease I have ever done. I have an auto repair shop and lease many cars and use and loaners for customers. I did a one pay last month for 4500 with a 700 Costco cash card. So that came to 3800. But I beat that deal on this one by over 300 LOL. If I wanted to do a sign and driver it would have been 161 a month.
I am really getting into my one pay leases almost comical I can rent this car for 3500 bucks for 2 years. I had to work to find a dealer to sell me the car at 11 percent off msrp so was like 1300 under invoice which I would guess is a few hundred south of there holdback. But his is super high volume dealer, prolly 300 units a month so I would guess over 200K backend money a month.

3 Likes

Nice! So it would be $5,1xx for someome with no GM card points?

yeah was right there at 5100 just took the 1700 and recalculated. I would wait until next month they will most likely have more rebates and have done 3k in conquest lease cash in march in the past also.

oh oh @vhooloo not gonna like you crystal ballin’ …that’s his job :rofl:

1 Like

Finally a nice deal in chi town. Getting tired of seeing the east/west cost deals posted all the time :grin:.

We should really “ban” including GM reward points (and similar person specific rewards) into Deals posts. Most people earn these points through credit card purchases and it certainly wouldn’t make sense to include my 2% credit card cashback I’ve earned throughout the year in my payment calculations.

8 Likes

While some of the “rebate” incentive was earned by spending as you suggest, GM gave the OP an extra incentive for this deal. Some of these “top-up” offers are in the thousands. In my opinion top-up offers are fair game for a hackr deal

4 Likes

I bet you don’t care what options or colors either, you just call them the last day of the month. “Hey I need another cheap deal”…lol

That’s fair. Good point.

Wow the hate is real. LOL
It was a bonus earning from gm card offer. I only had 200 points they added 1500 to any deal this month. I could have go any equinox I wanted. I dont know who would by a 40k ltz equinox but to each there own.
This dealer will sell pretty much 8-11% off invoice on everything. Way below invoice into there holdback money. I just got a LS with conv. package. All I need for loaner car.

The deal I did last month was pretty close since the rebate was 4250 as opposed to 3000 this month plus my 1700 in gm card money.
Last month I did a one pay for 4500 and then got my 700 costco card so 3800 net.

1 Like

i got the exact same deal 140/mo 0 down including everything on an equinox 2 yrs ago. No trade ins, no rewards. just gm supplier discount and conquest.

If you are into leasehacking and are looking for GM vehicles, the Buypower card is simply just a tool in your box. You are doing yourself a disservice not having it. The top off bonuses alone make it worth having. They are just giving you extra money for having the card, you don’t even really have to use it much, if at all to get the top off. It’s safe to assume that most people here looking to score a deal meet the credit requirements, so why the heck not? There are all sorts of individual specific rebates, Conquest, loyalty, regional incentives, etc. Trying to exclude those deals is like saying that a house someone built isn’t as nice as another one because they used power tools instead of hand tools.

1 Like

When I login to Buypower card… “No offers are currently available. Please checkback later.”

GM doesn’t like me. :cry:

You can’t compare a lease from 2 years ago today. 17 was also the old body style.

They seemingly rotate the offers. Half the cardholders get it around the beginning of January and the other half around May or June.

+1 The conquest was $3k then too, that’s over $60 a month diff right there.

i think if you are using top-off bonus which may be available to groups of people its fine to include in a deal, but to include points you earned via credit card spend is not helpful. Neither is including trade-in. If we include those things I might as well include the bonus I got at work and deduct that from the price of the car. These things are all basically cash that instead of pocketing you’re applying to the car.

As long as each incentive is broken out in detail, it is good information. Sometimes people get certificates or other “personal” rebates that all do not qualify for. Like GM just increased my top off from $2,000 to $3,000 for a Silverado or Sierra! If only I needed a truck and had lease loyalty or conquest this month…

1 Like

When all details are laid out, everyone can add or subtract rebates as applicable.

1 Like

I got a top-up last year at this time. This year zip.

Maybe I’ll wait until I do get one to do another lease. I haven’t decided yet