2019 C300 Loaner availability

Hi guys, first post here.

My current lease is ending in March and was looking to lease a loaner c300. It seems that it’s too early for 2019 c300 loaners to be available while the 2018 c300 loaners are starting to dry up. How long does it usually take for loaners to start popping up for new models? 6 months, a year, etc.? I’m trying to decide if I should just jump the gun during holiday season or extend my current lease to buy some time.

Also, what is DAS/what does it stand for? (I have a guess but only like half-sure) Thanks everyone!

DAS = due at signing

If your car is due in March then it makes no sense to get one now and pay for 2 cars and insurance for two cars. I don’t know what you’re currently leasing, but many companies let you lease extend for a few months if you need to.
Historically speaking March has been good for getting previous model year MB deals as it’s towards the end of when MB allows you to lease those (either March or April, you’d have to search on this forum).

1 Like

Hmm makes sense… I was thinking of returning the car early in a couple months while making the full lease payments since I have a really cheap car but it really would be a bad financial decision haha

For the second part, I feel really stupid, but need to clarify some few things. March/April good for getting previous model year -> as in next March/April 2019, I’ll be able to get a good deal on the 2018 model? Aren’t the 2018 loaners already really nice deal? (Saw about 20-25% discount browsing through this forum). I’m just nervous that all the really nice 2018 deals are going to disappear soon :frowning_face:

What car do you have, what’s the payment and what’s the actual due date?

1 Like

Mercedes has pull ahead which is why he’s thinking of changing cars. We just put 2019 c300 into loaner status and should be out in a few months. They can be in there for a while tho

1 Like

hi, i pay 184 a month and due date is 2/27 so I guess it would have been more appropriate to say my lease ends in end of feb. I thought maybe getting a 2018 model before it runs out might be more prudent with the couple grands of saving than waiting for a 2019 :confused: I have no idea what the 2018 loaner availability will be like until Q2 2019 haha.

so you’re talking about losing 2 payments, I think that’s ok if you can find a really good deal on a loaner towards end of Dec.

1 Like

hi Calvin, does that mean the loaner will not be available for a lease until maybe around Q3 2019?

also, I don’t currently own any Mercedes so that wouldn’t apply to me :frowning:

i’ll have to see if it’s worth it or not i guess :slight_smile: can you clarify what that above quote means? does it mean that in March/April 2019, I’ll be able to get a good 2018 model (non-loaner) deal?

Also, based on your opinion/observation, do you think there will still be plenty of 2018 c300 loaners around Feb? oh and thanks for always replying so quickly!

here’s how I look at it, 2 payments for you is $368. Divide that by a 36 mo lease, you’re looking at approx $10/mo cost to get out end of Dec. So if you get a C300 loaner for $330/mo or $340/mo who cares, might as well get out now and not gamble on available stock.
Also that puts your lease end for the next car in December which will be good for whatever car you get next time.

1 Like

People have posted good deals in the past around the Feb-March timeframe but as always it’s going to depend on how competitive your local market is.

If your local dealer sells new cars at sticker and demos at 8% off, it’s not going to be a great deal

1 Like

Maybe mid Q1 or start of Q2. Just depends. It’s really hard to say

1 Like

i agree with that plan. However, the only reason i’m leaning toward the 2019 model right now is the new 10.25 inch screen (and it’s a standalone option now!) and the new steering wheels and standard LED headlights. To get the larger 8.4 inch screen (not a standalone option) on the 2018 model, you need to get multimedia package, which then requires a premium package as well, which is annoying. But then it also seems like a stupid reason to pass up on the opportunity lolll

I’m assuming even if 2019 loaner comes out, since it will be relatively new, the loaner deals won’t be as lucrative as the 2018 loaner right now. In your opinion, what do you think is more worth?

Ahh… thanks for the clarification!

That actually doesn’t sound too bad then since it’s not too far from my lease expiration date! I am willing to extend my lease for a couple of months if necessary so…

@305Hackr @max_g @Calvin.MB
Btw, based on historical data/experience, would you know what would be the approximate range of discount available for loaners that are relatively new? e.g. 2018 loaners right now are at 22-25% off msrp since they’ve been around a long time but if I were to get deals for a 2019 loaner around April, would the discount be like 8 - 10, 12 - 15, 15 - 18%, etc.?

I’d say 15-18% is normal for loaners

1 Like

you could also do a 24 mo on a 2018 and then upgrade

I honestly would let the deal dictate it. I don’t know exactly where you live, your skills at getting hackr deals etc. If you can negotiate something that’s impossible to pass up, then make your decision at that point.

1 Like

Hey 305Hackr,

I’d like to really thank you for all your replies. It’s been incredibly insightful and really helpful in making more informed decisions. You are awesome!!!

and thank you to everyone else that replied on this post :smiley:

1 Like