2019 BMW X5 x40i

Ok I do not have all figures but trying to help a friend out and need some help to clarify things. I think to me its not worth paying this much for a car but he is set on it.

MSRP 62,245
Selling Price - not sure but reverse calculating looks like 56,000
MF and Residual used what reported here 59% and .00188
Monthly payment is 700
DAS 4,554 just first month, bank, taxes, dmv no cap cost bases on what he said.

1. I searched forum but cannot seem to find anything that comes close to 1% or reasonable offer. Does this look ok since car is new and he knows he has to pay up?
  2. OL code i searched but cannt seem to get a new one. BMW drive event for 2019 has not been announced yet. Any other ways?
  3. Raising mf by .0005 is it worth it to waive acquisition fee? He is paying upfront but even if monthly goes higher the das goes down by more. Only asking because not clear on 36 month or 24 month where it works best.
  4. Any of the brokers can beat this? @nyclife
  5. Does bmw have fleet and where can i find their program?

Thank you everyone.

That seems like quite a lot but they’re only 3-4 months old and selling well from the number I’ve seen. Not much activity here yet but I’ve seen no good deals on them yet. There’s no fleet but you can join BMWCCA for a $1k rebate.

1 Like

Fleet changed a lot with the new program. Details in here

1 Like

Thank you everyone. Appreciate it. I agree but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Anyone know if it works best the waiving accquisition works best for 36 or 24 months?

This is completely dependent on how much of a percent discount you get on the vehicle as well as what incentives are currently available. For this car, it would raise the payment to waive acq fee due to the higher msrp as well as a few other factors.

1 Like

Waiving the Acq fee is only worth it when the amount of the .00050 lease charge is less than 925 fee.

(Which will not be worth in this scenario)

1 Like

Many thanks to everyone. Looks like we will close on this next week. Will hit a couple of dealers as this is from a broker. Maybe will try NJ to apply MSDs. Not sure how strict bmwfs is with msds if registering in NY. Will report back on final deal.

The break even is about $50,000, if memory serves.

1 Like

I could probably take $600 bucks off, but wouldn’t have a dealer with a spec that low.

1 Like

Thank you Q. He does not care on options much i guess just nav sunroof and leather i guess. He has another car. This lease will probably get only less than 7k miles a year. His previous lease he returned with 14k miles after 3 years.

my cousin returned his bmw with 5k miles after 3 years, jeep with 6k miles :man_facepalming:

Can you please PM me with dealer info? Thanks.

They could have rented cheaper. :slight_smile:

Its a broker leasing company offer. Once i close i can share but as Q said probably not many bmw with that lower spec.

OK, thanks. Please do share when you close. I’ll try my luck.

1 Like

Ok deal is closed. Dont have exact details as i just negotiated.

MSRP. 63,400 includes remote start, convenience package, nav, sunroof.
Sales Price somewhere around 56000 and change
MF .00182
Res. 59%
Payment 699
Drive off about 4700 including tax, first month, bank fee, dmv, some small cap reduction in there, etc.
Term 36/10

Overall better deal as its 1200 higher msrp. Every dealer refused to play ball and one in NJ even wanted 810 a month with 4500 drive offs. And 770 if msds were applied. People must be paying it otherwise strange to come up with those numbers. Happy hunting. Its not a lease hacker deal but my friend once he wants something he gets it. So i would consider an ok deal given the car is new and no incentives.

Can you share dealer? I’d like to replicate. Thank you!

Not an issue leasing from NJ w MSDs and registering in NY when I leased in '16.

Thanks. I tried to do it but no NJ dealer wanted to play ball.