2019 BMW x30i at $749 for 36 months 12k

Hi folks, got the following quote for Laurel BMW of Westmont, IL (part of Auto Nation)

BMW x30i 2019
MSRP $52,995
Selling price after $1500 loyalty $48,755 (8% off MSRP)
Residual 58%
MF .00188
36 months, 12k miles per year lease
Due at signing $1500 incl 1st month lease of $749, fees and taxes
Monthly lease for next 35 months $749 after taxes

Will appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Betaal

Run south of that deal 749 a month for a 48k car way over priced

I’ve looked into X3’s recently. I’ve seen pmts closer to $600 with driveoffs in IL. Get some MSDs in there too to bring down pmts.

Aim for more dealer discount, discount before incentives isn’t very good

As others said, way too much. A loaded X3 40m X drive should still lease for less. This car should be under $600 mo tax included.

Dealer said MSD is no longer available other than in NY and perhaps NJ. Is that true?

I did tell them $600 was my target range, they said there’s not enough money for them to get anywhere close (low 700s possibly). To be near 600 means ~$125 x 36 or about $4500 lower on the selling price. I’lol shop around a bit more. But what levers can I pull here? Does MF look marked up?

What’s a good dealer discount to aim for before incentives on the 2019 X3? I’m also looking at 2018s as there’s no difference between these models.

Yes, no where close to the 1% rule of thumb, even though I understand x3s don’t lease well.

10% before incentives at the very least, possibly more. Take a look at the other 2018/2019 x3 threads

That is incorrect. Per BMWDave’s post, it is now available to everyone, shouldn’t be any regional restrictions. If the dealer doesn’t want to mess with MSDs and claims the program is gone, don’t deal with them.

I would avoid telling dealers what you want to pay monthly, even if they ask you- avoid the question. Firstly, confirm they are on the same page with the RV/MF, then work on the sales price. Tell them you want to calculate the numbers on your end before you come to them with a deal. When you present to them the deal, tell them the sales price you are seeking with the RV/MF. In my personal experience at least, I have seen dealers quickly fire back rejections when they see monthly payment you want to pay. Take all this with a grain of salt- everyone has different experiences and successful methods.

I would aim for 9% off MSRP. If you can’t get there on your own, I would highly suggest hiring a broker. Check the Broker review section of the forum - there should be one in your region.

Thanks for all the advice! Really helpful. So I got a revised offer on the same vehicle after some more negotiation. Total discount+rebate comes to 10.7%. Do you think there’s scope to push for more? Manager emailed the offer with the lease term sheet saying this is the ‘best he could do’.

MSRP $52,995
Dealer disc $4,158
Loyalty $1,500
DAS $1,500
Monthly $678

MF is .00188, RV 58%, taxes and fees about 2900.

You should be shooting for 10 percent discount before the incentives if possible.