2019 BMW 530e XDrive Lease Take Over 31 months left in Bay Area $827.49/month taxes included

Hi guys this is my first post please let me know if i am missing anything

Relocating outside the country, so i am transferring my 2019 BMW 530e XDrive lease. MSRP of the 2019 530e is ~$61k. The car only has 2728 miles. 31 months and ~27000 miles left (36/10k).

LOW MILES, $500 cash for transfer fees

Payment: $827.79/month taxes included
Excess wear/tear + tire insurance included

Safety systems:
Lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, pre-collison warning and blind spot monitoring

Other features:
Adaptive LED head lights, heads up display, newest version of iDrive with navigation, Apple Carplay, heated steering wheel and great gas mileage (>500 miles on a tank + charging every night)

Does it have 22k miles on it now?

oops 2728miles not 22k miles

Trying to be helpful for you by saying this, but, you can walk into a dealership today and get the same car for a lot lot lot less. You got screwed with that payment. People here can be picky even if your payment hits the 1% rule (monthly payment is 1% of MSRP; $557/mo in your case). For proof, check this thread here where a broker is offering a car that has $7k higher MSRP than yours and about the same payment or less depending on if your advertised monthly includes tax and people were basically throwing bricks at him.

Because you’re so early on in the lease, you’d have to offer an insane amount of money to get it to be worthwhile for someone on this forum to take it over. We’re talking probably close to $10k.

If you have to get rid of it, you’re probably better off selling the car because you’ll lose less than $10k that way.

Hi Coni. Thanks for the feedback, my drive-off was $1800 at the dealership and received $2300 in EV rebate. Is this still a high payment? I thought i got a decent deal…

Yes, it’s a high payment. And I’m guessing whoever takes over the lease won’t receive any of those rebates which makes this even less desirable for the new lessee.

I doubled check and it turned out the MSRP was ~$61k and lease payoff is $55k. Could i have done better?

Thanks guys for pointing the mistakes in my post.

The higher MSRP definitely makes it a better deal, but it’s still not great. No point in getting into the details of how you could have done better because it’s in the past and you’re moving to a different country anyways.

I’d update your post with the MSRP. If you don’t want to sell the car but rather just trade out the lease, post the car on Swapalease.com. Much larger audience over there with less standards than here.

This doesn’t make sense to me. If the original lease was 36/10k, shouldn’t there be over ~27k miles left?

You might also have to give back the EV rebate to CA.

1 Like

Plus one…

Typo…should be 27k left.

Excess wear/tear + tire insurance also included. ~3k value.

Someone is trying to take over my lease and in https://creditapp.bmwusa.com/Assumptions/Credit/AssumptionsApp/VINPage when they put in my VIN there is an error saying " * The vehicle you entered is not assumable."

Does anyone know what prompts the error message?

Thank you

Probably can’t transfer within the first 6 months of contract. Wait til you’ve made your 6th payment.

Super impressed you found someone willing to take this!

Just call bmwfs they will send an email to the lnew leasee