2019 Audi A4 Lease

With the A4, the biggest issue is the poor residual value. 50% RV for 36/12 stinks, and it seems to have gone down from this point at the start of the 2018 model year as well. Compared to the 3-series, the RV of the A4 is going to hurt. The money factor and incentives for the A4 are pretty decent though. I’m showing a MF of .00056 and incentives of $2250 to $3750, depending on your region. Seriously, Edmunds is an awesome resource to make sure you’re getting the base numbers. It’s helped with my last two leases. https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/53726/audi/a4/2019-audi-a4-lease-deals-and-prices
So, the only way you’re going to get a better deal is through a steep dealer discount. Even with 13% off MSRP, an A4 with my options (about $52,000) is about $600 with zero down. If you can go without the B&O and a few other options, you could be in the mid to high $500s for a base premium plus. You’ll probably still be more than a similarly equipped 3-series, but that’s as good as you’ll get on the A4. I suspect if you wait till the summer, Audi will release a Summer of Audi value package much like they did last year, which would lease for low $500s. And my two cents, the base A4 stereo is more than adequate. I just had to have the B&O and 19” wheels since I didn’t have them on my Audi two cars ago.

1 Like

The MF seems to vary wildly by region. I couldn’t get anyone to go below .00097, not even with MSDs. I’m not going to wait that long, but it’ll be interesting to see if Summer of Audi has better deals than Season of Audi.

Hi, received this quote from 94010 tonight: 2019 A4 P+ with sports and cold weather packages for ~20% off MSRP, 50% RV for 36/10 with MF of 0.00022 and $1500 down $440 + tax/month. This seems decent. Am I wrong? Thanks.

That’s an insane discount! Does that 20% off include incentives? Do you qualify for loyalty too? What’s the MSRP? Did you buy down the MF with MSDs?

That sounds like a great deal if Quattro, and probably a solid deal if FWD too, with that trim and packages. The residual is what it is, but can’t do much better than that discount and MF.

Not sure of the breakdown of the 20%. No loyalty. Didn’t buy down the MF with MSD. My understanding is that MF is tied to your credit score so it’s not negotiable?

Not quattro, FWD. Thanks for the reassurance on discount and MF!

That’s decent. Buy down the MF with MSDs. Your MF tier is based on cr3dkt (but Audi dealer can bump you up a tier), but you can always buy it down with MSDs regardless. Also, don’t put money down and roll it all in.

I got a 2018 P+ for $411+tax with nothing down, but I bought down the MF with MSDs which saved around $20/month, the residual was better because it was a Tech trim and it didn’t have cold weather or sport, so the MSRP on mine was a bit lower I’m sure.

I’m still searching around and received an offer of $566/mo. with 2k + first month due at signing.

• 36/10
  • Premium Plus w/Quattro
  • Black Optics Pkg
  • Sport Pkg
  • Bang & Olufsen Sound Pkg

Going to float this deal to a few of the other local dealers to see if they can beat it but this has been the best offer I’ve received in MA so far.

That’s S4 money…

2 Likes

Did they break down the deal for you? What’s the MSRP? What was the discount off MSRP? Which money factor did they use? Unfortunately, the lease numbers are much higher than a year ago.

Wish I had seen your response earlier. Didn’t know to ask about buying down the MF with MSDs. I did ask the finance guy and he said 0.00022 is the lowest MF possible, without offering the option to buy down with MSD.

You got a great deal with $411+ tax with nothing down. Tech trim, do you mean Tech package? All P+ comes with Tech package, right?

If that’s the best offer, then just ouch. It’s beyond atrocious. Please don’t tell me your considering that.

Mine is a 2018. The trims were different last year. Tech trim included the nav and digital cluster at a $1k discount and was offered on Premium or Premium Plus. From June onwards it was technically standard since Audi didn’t ship any A4s (even stripped A4 base) without the tech package. In 2019, the tech package is standard on Premium Plus, but the B&O system is now optional.

The lowest possible MF is .00005, which is what I have. You could have bought it down but your MF is already very low so the savings wouldn’t be huge.

Are you factoring in the newer, worse 2019 Audi leasing conditions, with 49-50% residuals and no MSD buydown anymore in many if not most markets? If the $2K consists of all the taxes and fees (i.e., nothing down towards the car equity) then that deal may not be bad.

If you can specifically demonstrate that it’s possible to do better on a 2019 Audi then please let us know, since it would help a lot of us who are finding after shopping around that last year’s assumptions don’t carry into this year. But dismissing an offer as “atrocious” just based on comparison to a 2018, or a BMW 3-Series, will result in a lot of banging heads against walls seeking a world that may not exist anymore.

Wait, what’s this about no more MSDs? Does it apply to all 2019s? Is there a direct source to this?

Hey Mike,

Here’s the breakdown (today’s latest quote now that SOA is gone)

MSRP $52,540
Selling price 46,500
Rebate $1500
Money factor .00056
Residual 51%
36 months x 10,000 miles
$2000 cash due at signing
$605 a month

Sadly this is still the best offer I’ve received so far in Mass.

It’s too early to tell what the breakdown is, but in some areas no dealer offers the MF reduction via MSDs anymore even if you walk. You should definitely ask (and check as many dealers as possible), but don’t be shocked if it turns out to be non-negotiable.

Unfortunately that’s probably the best you’re going to do right now. I managed 13% off MSRP on my 2019 A5, but even then with only a $1,000 lease incentive (coupes didn’t qualify for SOA this year), the payment was still $629 with zero down.
If you aren’t happy with that offer, I would wait until the Presidents’ Day or auto show rebates/incentives come out.
The lower residuals really hurt the leases this year. And the buy-rate MF on my coupe was .00147, which is awful.

Yes I’ve noticed this too. The RV and MF right now are atrocious. Looking at helping someone with a Q7 and the RV is even worse on the prestige.