2019 Acura RDX lease thoughts?

You can negotiate a bigger discount, get a lower MF if you are not quoted the base rate (or do MSDs if available), or find additional incentives to qualify for. That’s it. Short answer is probably that it does not make a good lease right now.

My BIL was interested in the same car but I ultimately helped him get an X3 loaner instead because it leased better.

“I might be willing to put some down payment to get the monthly cost down.” - This is just mental gymnastics to fool yourself into thinking that the payments are lower. That’s the trick salesmen use so don’t fall for it. What you pay is what you pay, whether it is an upfront CCR or higher monthly.

I’m not a snowflake, but this could be softened a tidbit.

1 Like

Wow! So much info to research now. I had a 2016 Mazda cx-5 lease, which is getting over, thought I would try something different. May be take notch up from Mazda cx-5. Now seems like back to square one.

FWIW - maybe will go back and get the latest cx 5 :wink: (just kidding)

In luxury compact SUV segment - Acura RDX seemed nice (safety, style and drive) and probably some-what in the budget.

In compact SUV segment - was looking at VM tiguan SEL 2019 or Mazda CX-5 or Honda CR-V (last two I have had before)

Will keep looking for more deals on Acura, if any. I have few weeks to get a decision.

I agree that its probably mind games for the lower payment with increasing down. I guess the question then would be what is the good price for this vehicle and then check with dealers if they are willing to offer that.

Do you want to watch the attitude, or should I ask a moderator to ban you?

1 Like

Not only is it not ‘probably’ mind games; if you put money down, then lose the car by theft or by total loss on the way home, that money is gone.

For That amount of money get a 2018 x3 m40i way more car for they money.

A broker has one listed here on lease hacker link below

1 Like

It’s slightly disingenuous to compare. That has loyalty applied, plus the drive offs need figured into an effective payment. In the end it’s way over $550, and if one isn’t in the area it’s way way over or even impossible.

Yes, I want to watch my attitude.

disingenuous okay :joy:
he is paying drive offs in his quote $1,132.50
if he does not qualify for loyalty $1250 conquest is $750.

A $40k fwd 272 hp rdx with tech package for $525 month
A $60k awd 355hp x3 m40i pretty loaded for around $550 a month
which one would you chose lol its not even a fair comparison.
There have been multiple deals posted for 18 x3 m40i in the past month defiantly not impossible especially considering my18 lease support ends this month.

Lol he replaced a CX-5 as well. A Stelvio should be possible at $450 or less with normal driveoffs. QX50 as well if you do MSDs. A loaner GLC?

Check on Honcker to see if there are any deals in your area.

Why not try and hack a BMW X2 while they’re so cheap? If you decide it isn’t for you, it’s very easy to get transfer a good BMW lease

how quickly do you need the car? the '19 RDX rolled out in June/July, so its possible the '20 comes out around the same time frame. might start to see decent deals on '19’s when that happens.

My current lease expires in 2-3 weeks.

Any luck on the RDX lease? I’m also looking now in Socal 90277.

The lowest offer I have gotten so far is 900 drive off + 474 monthly including tax.

Hey… which dealer… MSRP? 36/10K?

AutoNation Acura Stevens Creek. Yes, 36/10k.

What did you get finally? Any progress on the RDX?

I got the RDX - 900 drive off and 474/month… 36/10K

Hey @ankurvsoni - could you share your contact at Stevens Creek Acura? Looking to pick up the same car - FWD with tech package.