2018 Wrangler Sahara (JLU) Lease Question

Trying to navigate a fair lease but the numbers from dealership are at odds with numbers from Edmunds. Residual is much higher but so is MF despite strong credit so it’s kind of a wash. I got the sales price through TrueCar and it was much more aggressive than anything else I’d seen or was able to negotiate. This is Chicago suburbs BTW:

2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (JLU)
36 month/12,000 mile lease.
MSRP $46,720
Sale Price: $42,712
Tax: $1753.71
Total capitalized cost: $44,878
RV: 69%
MF (through Ally): .00312/7.5%
$0 down
Misc. (title, registration, etc): $412

Monthly Payment: $595

Total due at signing: First month/$595

Before I went to the dealer, I ran this through several calculators and it seems about right minus $10 or so. I guess I just wanted a reality check and make sure I wasn’t getting taken advantage of.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can offer up. Apologies if I posted this in the wrong place. Trying to do it from my phone and don’t have my readers!

Horrible deal. A Wrangler is definitely not worth 600 dollars with how basic they come.

If you are dead set on one then go thru a credit union if your state has them. Will give you a much better money factor… also I believe the Ally money factor is marked up as well. Actually I’m certain the dealer Jacked that rate up a lot

While I agree that Wranglers ate overpriced, this isn’t a base model and has an MSRP of over $46K. I guess my question wasn’t if a Wrangler was worth but rather was the lease appropriate based on the numbers. I just happen to love Jeeps.

The residual was 6% higher than what Edmonds quoted and the MF was about 1% higher than I anticipated.

Edmunds (for Jeep Wranglers) only quotes Chrysler Capital not Ally or US Bank. The residual is lower with Chrysler Capital but so is the money factor.

FYI - The residual on the Sport S is better by about 5% or 6% points.

Yeah, Sports lease better in general due to higher RVs but comparably equipped and they’re well over 40.

My current Wrangler is a ‘16 JKU. I got a better deal but the RV was over 70% back then.

Continuing the discussion from About the Ask the Hackrs Category:

Trying to navigate a fair lease but the numbers from dealership are at odds with numbers from Edmunds. Residual is much higher but so is MF despite strong credit so it’s kind of a wash. I got the sales price through TrueCar and it was much more aggressive than anything else I’d seen or was able to negotiate. This is Chicago suburbs BTW:

2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (JLU)
36 month/12,000 mile lease.
MSRP $46,720
Sale Price: $42,712
Tax: $1753.71
Total capitalized cost: $44,878
RV: 69%
MF (through Ally): .00312/7.5%
$0 down
Misc. (title, registration, etc): $412

Monthly Payment: $595

Total due at signing: First month/$595

Before I went to the dealer, I ran this through several calculators and it seems about right minus $10 or so. I guess I just wanted a reality check and make sure I wasn’t getting taken advantage of.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can offer up. Apologies if I posted this in the wrong place. Trying to do it from my phone and don’t have my readers!