2018 Tiguan SEL AWD - $396/month (including tax)

2018 VW Tiguan SEL

**MSRP: $33,610
**Selling Price: $28,500
**Monthly Payment: $396 (including taxes)
**Down Payment: $0 down but $1k in drive-offs

**Months: 36 months
**Annual Mileage: 12k
**MF: .00215
**Residual: 59%

**Zip Code: Northern California Dealership

Any thoughts or guidance on whether this is a good deal or not? I got this offer directly from the dealership but thinking about shopping it around via Cartelligent to see if other dealerships in CA can beat it. Any help appreciated as this is my first lease!

I got this from the edmunds forums.
For California zip (could be different for NorCal)

58% and .00161 (SE) or .00155 (SEL)
$2300 lease cash on SE
$2500 lease cash on SEL

Seems that the MF is marked up?

1 Like

Just get quotes from other dealers directly also check with @rubbergash look into the vw partner program too

also see if you can qualify for $500 grad discount

seems overpriced to pay almost $400 a month for a selling price of 28.5k

1 Like

Looking over at Edmunds that is probably the buy rate.

FWD:
36/15 - .00155 and 56%
Add 2% for 12K
$2500 lease cash

AWD:
36/15 - .00215 and 57%
Add 2% for 12K
$2800 lease cash

MF/RV for the SEL Premium AWD 36/10

.00215 and 60%
$2800 lease cash

1 Like

I’m interested in how you do, as we are considering a Tiguan SEL AWD, also.

(Guessing you are getting FWD?)

VW’s lease badly of course, but man you can get a lot more car than that. I got a $50k Giulia for barely more money (24mo/15k).

Assuming you want an SUV:

You can get an up-to-$53k MSRP Stelvio Ti for $0 down + ~$1500 in drive-offs and $399/mo from OC Alfa Romeo:

Or the next link below got a $52k MSRP QX60 for $395/mo + $0 down + ~$1k fees +$3600 MSD.

EDIT: Obviously the QX60 would probably take some negotiation and requires VPP, but the Stelvio is literally any Stelvio Ti they have in stock, and they have 102 of them!

Hey Joey, can you PM your contact at the dealer?

Is VW partner program -500 lowest negotiated price?

I did confirm that partner program and grad do stack

I think so, it’s stated as $500 under invoice. I think VW kicks the dealer an extra $500 for it.

Not arguing that a car like the Stelvio is a better deal but I do have to say the front seats in the Tiguan are some of the most comfortable I have sat in. That is my #1 complaint on the Stelvios, the front seats are too short unless you go with the TI Sport but then those bolsters are so restricting and I am a skinny guy. I haven’t driven a Tiguan but I thought he interior was nice and almost wonder if it’s a better purchase with that 7 year warranty rather than lease?

The lease is pretty decent I’m not sure it’s worth jacking around with a purchase. If it’s following the 1% rule I’m not sure it makes sense to buy(Tiguan).