2018 Tiguan SE FWD - 24mo/10k - Bay Area, CA - $228/mo incl. tax with $1,000 DAS and part of partner program

Finalized this afternoon after deciding between an odd range of vehicles (Tiguan, Infiniti QX60 and Infiniti Q50). The QX60 was nice and the numbers were good, but the car was too big for my wife driving and parking in the SF/Berkeley area. I couldn’t get close replicating some of the Q50 deals I have been seeing here but for the NY/NJ/CT area.

For the Tiguan, one other dealer was getting down to $250/mo with $1,000 DAS, but that was as close anyone was willing to get. I can’t get the exact numbers to reconcile in the LH calculator, but it seems the the score would be ~11. Thoughts? Most deals on LH seem to be for the S, so sort of went solo on this.

2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SE FWD

**MSRP: $27,935 - can’t find this exact MSRP on the VW website, but close.
**Selling Price: $21,010
**Monthly Payment: $228 including tax. $208 without tax.
**Down Payment: $0 but $1,000 DAS, including cap cost reduction, taxes on reduction, first months payment, license, registration, doc fee, etc.
**MSD: N/A
**Incentives: My employer is part of their partner program. I also returned a VW lease, but I can’t see how exactly that was incorporated into the selling price, if at all.

**Months: 24
**Annual Mileage: 10,000
**MF: .00161
**Residual: 66%

**Region: Bay Area

6 Likes

Nice deal for an SE! I have the Tiguan S, and I just realized that I can’t live without keyless entry and push button start. I feel like I’m going to pay for my mistake by being eaten by a horde of zombies while fumbling for my keys.

You can use the keys to poke their eyes out…

…wait that won’t work.

This is a great deal. Congratulations!

I think this beats any of the Tiguan deals we have seen including the Tiguan S deals.

1 Like

I’m still a but fuzzy on leases sometimes. So, help me out here, if you would. Your residual is $18,437 and selling price $21,010. Couldn’t you have just paid ~$3600 up front and been done with it? Instead, you are paying $6k, which seems like a helluva lot to me to pay for such little depreciation.

I know you can do one pay with GM, but does VW offer one pay? I really want to like the Tiguan because the deals are so good, but something tells me the deals are good for a reason. I need to drive one again, it’s been about 6 months or so.

You can pay down cap cost on any lease, right? So why wouldn’t you be able to pay down the cap cost to meet the residual?

Because there is also the interest that is charged. Recommend reviewing the links on how lease payments are calculated.

Yeah for the incremental increase in price, I’m not sure why people arent pursuing the SE more. The larger screen and leatherette seats were important to me, at least.

Hello, I am in Texas and looking for a deal on the following vehicle. Please let me know if any deals lease/finance. TIA.

VW Tiguan SE + Panoramic Sunroof

Somehow, I do not see any deals in Texas. All deals are always in Bay area or NY area :frowning:

Was on a VW lot yesterday and they had a Tiguan SEL R-Line, wow, pretty sweet looking with that body kit and overall appearance. Looked on Edmunds though, and the MF is almost double that of a S trim and the residual on the R-Line is only 59%. Does that make sense? Makes the R-Line unleasable if true…

I don’t think Edmunds is lying.

Considering that many have been getting their Tiguan S around 200/mo this is a super solid deal. The screen, better seats and keyless entry are totally worth a couple extra bucks a month.

1 Like

Could you DM me your info? looking for a similar deal

Thanks!

That’s because no dealer I know in SoCal is offering this deal on SE. It’s actually a pretty awesome deal that you got.

1 Like

That’s because no dealer I know in SoCal is offering this deal on SE. It’s actually a pretty awesome deal that you got.

2 Likes

Could you PM me the dealer info?

No, because you still have to pay acq, doc, TTL and interest. The APR is .00161*2400

The Partner Program certificate I was able to print from my employer was for $500 off the dealer invoice price. I would be interested in this deal in the SE Michigan area if anyone was able to get similar numbers.

Edit : Also, what does DAS mean? Sign off payment of sorts?

man I wish I could get that sales price, I’d buy one in a second