2018 Tacoma Trd Sport manual 4x4 inferno orange $264/mo. More colors Available! Silver/black/grey/white

It should be clarified then, you will NEED to get any repairs done prior to grounding it. USBank won’t honor this when it’s returned to them.

You can pick apart the lease all you want brother. It’s a great price and they can clarify what Toyota covers prior to purchase and the details of said protections. Take care of the BANKS vehicle and it won’t be a problem…

I’m not picking apart anything. I’m telling these people (most of whom are probably new, and just look at the payment) that returning a car to USBank, who has no brand affiliation, is a lot different than returning the car to a captive. There are tons of horror stories about USB. I never said “DON’T LEASE THIS CAR WITH USBANK!!!”

This just adds another layer to think about in the transaction vs going with a captive lender.

As a broker, shouldn’t you already know this info so you can inform your clients?

USBank leases can be transferred. So that’s an advantage. Transfer it if you don’t like it after a few months.
The tacoma holds it’s value well, so that’s another advantage. It can easily be used for trade or towards a new lease.

Finally, the Tacoma is a sought after used vehicle, so it can be grounded at any Toyota dealer.
Yes it will be harder and involve more paperwork than a TFS lease but I don’t see why people should treat this with great apprehension.

While the horror stories are concerning, and I explained that to my friend, his rationale was that if by going with US Bank it saves him $75/month he could get docked for $1,000 in wear and tear and still come out ahead in the end.

This is what I’m referring to. People can make their own decisions, and I’m not here to persuade people one way or another, but for the benefit of those that aren’t aware, it’s worth mentioning, and this thread below is my point…

You’re correct though, that they do have options…private sale, transfer, etc…but those aren’t guarantees either should value drop for whatever reason (not likely, but still possible).

1 Like

From the review…also this deal is approx $3000 over the term cheaper than tfs

On the upside, we were still better off leasing than buying. The residual was $22,662 and the car likely sold at auction for $12,000. Even accounting for the $7,500 federal tax credit US Bank got, they still lost a bunch of money.

Thanks for reading!

That wasn’t the only review of USBank if you read thorough the entire thread.

Very interested, could you message me? I can’t (new member)

Nevermind, sent you a message.

US Bank includes GAP insurance whereas TFS does not!

1 Like

I read them all and I’m also a usbank leasee. Just don’t beat up your cars or buy protection…

Another savings of $15/mo or so. Exactly…

If someone is paying 15/mo through TFS for GAP, they need their head examined. You can get GAP through most auto insurance carriers for a fraction of that. You’d also have the option to cancel it that way should you be in the black.

Then again, as a broker, you should know this.

2 Likes

Toyota charges about $500 for gap. That’s all I was saying. I’m not giving people insurance advice. Take your bs and clog up another thread.

2 Likes

I didn’t say to give people insurance advice. I said you can purchase it through most insurers. I would think, as a broker working for your clients, you’d want to save them money where they could, and avoid the dealer fees. You know, provide “value.” Guess I was wrong.

I don’t use tfs. So it’s a moot point. Any other arbitrary interjections you would like to make on my thread or can I get back to helping people get fantastic deals? Thank you

2 Likes

Sure…have fun brokering…er, I mean “consulting.”

3 Likes

Is there 10k miles/yr available? Also, how much more for an Automatic? I’m in NJ

is 4WD available in any of these?