2018 Subaru Crosstrek - 79% Residual

Selling price should be better. Tax included, I guess?

Yes, taxes rolled in. Having a hard time pushing selling price lower. Seems to be high demand for the nicer models in NY/NJ/CT area. Still trying to shop the dealers off each other a bit.

You may want to try NoVa (DC area). With the discount you get it is about invoice, so you can get $1-1.5K under invoice

http://www.fitzmall.com/Inventory/SearchResults?Conditions=NEW&Makes=Subaru&Models=Crosstrek&Trims=2.0i+Limited+CVT&Styles=&Regions=MA&Stores=&PriceMin=&PriceMax=&Trans=&Years=2018&KeyWordSearch=&Sort=&inventoryGrid_length=10&UseCriteria=true

Thanks, donā€™t think itā€™s worth my time to travel that far to save a few bucks. Iā€™m shooting for 340, think I can get there locally.

Sure, just get another $1.2-1.5K off

You just need to reach out further away from NYC.

Iā€™m down to 340/mo. Anyone know of high-volume Subie dealer in Upstate NY?

Still high. Will be $272 inlc. 8.75% with extra $1.5K off ($294 with tax and acquisition fee). Itā€™s $320 inlc. tax with your numbers. Acquisition fee rolled in, I think.

1 Like

First of all, thank you continuing to help me. I canā€™t tell you how much I appreciate this. I would go to NoVA for 272/month.

Iā€™m reaching out to the dealers you mentioned. Will report back.

You donā€™t have to go to VA to get this. Just tell your dealers that you want $1.5K under invoice. Itā€™s doable.
The $340-346/mo quote you got includes bank fee and $272/mo doesnā€™t. With $695 (or is it $595?) and $1.5K under invoice itā€™s $292/mo.

1 Like

Having a hard time finding anyone willing to go 1500 under tissue in NY or VA.

Patience, wait a few days, see if things change.

1 Like

There is PA/NJ/MD Did you try fitzmall.com? They are competitive and pretty straight forward.

1 Like

Iā€™m new here, so pardon me if this sort of question is taboo: does anyone on these boards offer negotiation services? I would pay someone to do this for me.

I was very explicit with the very nice gentleman at Fitz. He said he couldnā€™t get anywhere near -1500 off invoice.

Yes. They are called brokers. Check out the @industry_folks group as it lists both dealers and brokers.

Itā€™s possible, 2018 is new and maybe there is big demand. Ask fitz guy what he CAN do, maybe $1k that will give you $30/mo off

Perhaps use a one-pay lease to get around the awful MF?

Edit: Assuming MSRP 24,370 and sale price 22,181 from TrueCar, that gives all-in of $4,228 ($176/mo assuming you earn 0%)

Awesome 71% (!) residual helps to get around awful MF. Thatā€™s how Subaru operates.
Your assumption is wrong, just look at the Limitedā€™s MSRP.

The limited models arenā€™t really out there yet. A couple here and there. Nothing in the south till mid sept. I may actually do a purchase on one since they have the crazy high guaranteed trade in value program.