2018 Q50 Deal in Upstate NY

Hello everyone! I’m trying to hack a Q50 3.0t Luxe AWD with Essential in Upstate NY to get out of my current 2015 Q50 with the pull-ahead and take advantage of the sales event.

Here’s what I was quoted for a 2018:

39/12k
MSRP: $45,535
Savings: $9,063 (includes $6650 dealer incentives and VPP)
Rollover: $1648
Down: $1000 (they forgot to include conquest in the quote so told me to look at the $1000 down column)
Fees: $147
Tax: $3197
Total: $41,465
Monthly: $481.22

This is objectively horrible, right? Looks like a 5.2% dealer discount and from what I’ve read a great deal on one of these should be about 18-20% off before incentives. We’re not anywhere close to that. The salesman said this was all he could do for this car. It’s their last 2018 and it’s been on the lot for over 200 days. I feel like there’s more room here. Does anyone agree? I sent a detailed proposal yesterday outlining that I was looking for a 21% discount and what those numbers would look like. When we were talking on the phone, he sort of scoffed. Asked me where I had seen similar numbers.

I’m serious about this car, but won’t do it unless I can get it to $300/mo or under with only first month at signing. A solid discount could get me there based on what I think are realistic numbers put into the LH calculator. Am I hoping for too much here?

Thanks!

Who is the dealer? They are hitting you with full tax as it was a finance, that’s an old trick. Usually if you agreed to the payment they would correct the tax and stick the difference in the sell price. Discount is terrible - you probably have to go to the tri state area if you want a good Infiniti deal. A few months ago I was flat out told by one upstate dealer that they do not operate like tri state dealers do, will not “lose” money on a deal like they will and will make the car a service loaner before they sell it to me at 20% plus off.

1 Like

Upstate has little competition compared to the NYC metro area. Go down there for a deal

1 Like

What is the rollover charge? Isn’t there an official 3 month pull-ahead offer from Infiniti?

1 Like

Dealer is Infiniti of Williamsville. That’s basically what this guy told me—that the dealers near the city have different “incentives” and he have me the ol’ “Boy, tell me where you got that offer! Might pick up one of those for myself!”

Thanks for the heads-up on the tax, I didn’t even notice that! What a scam!

I had always been under the impression that pull-ahead was three payments, but I’ve been told and read that it’s two. The rollover is for the four out of six payments that pull ahead won’t take care of.

I’m going to counter-offer 18% off before incentives as my final offer and walk if they don’t match it. I’m really not happy about that tax trick. Does anyone know of any good dealers downstate or a broker that could do a deal for me? Reached out to @nyclife but haven’t heard back yet.

Thank you everyone for your input!

Your offer of 18% off before incentives is unrealistic. The incentive is hidden dealer cash, so most of the offers you see here have that included in the sales price already.

1 Like

I would shoot for 400. They will forward you to 450…and I would shake hands at 420/mo.

I’m not too savvy about how dealers work as I’ve only been at this for a bit, so I’m not sure that I follow what you’re saying. Are you saying that dealers have dealer cash that they can use to sweeten a deal (eg. go from 6% dealer discount to 15-20%), and Hackrs find the dealers that have the most cash to leverage those?

Infiniti’s rebates aren’t posted

Unless I’m not understanding what you’re saying, Edmunds was able to provide them to me on their lease deal threads for the 18s and 19s. They got them last week if I’m not mistaken.

Infiniti’s rebates are “hidden” and not posted for the world to see. The guys at Edmunds have insider info to be able to provide it.

1 Like

Okay, so here’s what I’m thinking. I’m going to send a proposal of 20-25% off before incentives to a few dealers closer to NYC who have several 18s left. Is this a smart tactic?

Expect no response with that offer.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I apologize, but I must not be understanding what you’re trying to say in your previous response to me. Here’s a link to a deal that I’m trying to replicate (this is a Florida deal for a RWD car, but the discount is the same).

The sales price is 19% off before incentives. My understanding is that this is very common for good deals on Q50s (at least in competitive markets). I am trying to get a deal on a 2018 with a similar discount by proposing that discount to a dealer in a more competitive area.

Can you please explain to me why this isn’t realistic when these numbers are what everyone on this forum seems to agree are the target discounts? I’m sure aim missing something, I just don’t understand what.

Those prices already include the dealer incentives. The other incentives listed are the VPP and conquest rebates.

2 Likes

MSRP difference between my deal and your deal is about 4k. Than on top, residual for the 2018s are less. If that dealer has less 2018s in stock, they wont be too motivated to discount them as they know some sucker would sign up for their numbers. If you are really having a hard time, wait for @nyclife.

Not that easy for a $45.5k unit with 12k miles. Just go for a 2019

Thank you for commenting! I was just using that deal as an example for discount off MSRP. Did that deal include lease cash incentives in the sales price/discount off MSRP line?

I targeted the 2018s because Edmunds said they had $5650 in lease cash in my region vs the 2019s which only have $1000. I calculated everything using the LH calculator and the same discounts with the correct details and similar pre-rebate discounts and the 2018 came out cheaper.

I see what you’re saying now, Jon. I just thought that standard practice was to keep dealer incentives out of the sales price in the LH calculator and use the rebate lines for those.

Edit: So would a 25% discount off MSRP (including incentives) plus VPP and conquest be a reasonable proposal for a similar MSRP car?