2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Looking at this vehicle too. Was thinking to to try the ‘reverse auction’ approach last week of May to try to catch a dealer that needs ‘one more over the line’ to hit monthly sales targets.

Wondering if you think it will make a difference to wait until early June. I have some flexibility on timing but need to replace an old car pretty soon (so I can’t wait until the 2019 model is about to show up) …

Ha, the sales guy I took for a test drive in Oakland ‘casually’ mentioned that demand for the Outlander PHEV is off the charts, no one in the Bay Area is selling below MSRP. But he does have a half-dozen on his (small) lot.

Doth protest too much?

On the other hand I think the car pretty awesome and seems to fit well with the demographic here so maybe I’m just hoping it’s not a seller’s market.

For the same monthly as a $45k Alfa Stelvio I’m sure they’re selling like hotcakes.

I can’t think of a car company with a greater chance of exiting the US market in the next few years, leaving anyone with a warranty claim to be SOL.

Here the Kia dealership is the Mitsubishi dealer as well, but from online reviews they only have Mitsubishi-certified techs available one day a week.

I don’t expect them to last here.

I saw another one in person. Man those badges and stickers are very 2000ish.

Local dealer (bay area) has 25 in stock but discount is still $2000 (factory) + $1000 (dealer). Anyone else had any luck?

Update : dealer came back with $2000 discount ($4k total).

What does the lease look like at that price?

So Cal, I got one GT trim for $6000 off including $2000 rebate.

2 Likes

Wow - PM’ed you for contact information of dealership.

Wouldn’t that be the 4K tax credit and 2k rebate?

No, mine is a purchase, so $4000 off plus $2000 rebate.

1 Like

I don’t have specifics on the Outlander PHEV – but if we look at the Pacifica PHEV there are three leasing sources, all using the tax credit they receive differently.

1. US Bank: Doesn’t apply tax credit as cap reduction, nor do they apply it to boosting residual value

2. Ally: Passes full credit along as cap reduction

3. Chrysler Capital: May 2018 and earlier – tax credit used to enhance residual, not passed along as cap reduction-- after June 2018 it is passed along as non-cash cap reduction like Ally

So always best to be clear if you plan on leasing a qualifying vehicle.

Then you got a great deal. Would you mind sharing the dealers name?

The sales guy is OK for me to post his contact info, so here it is: Anaheim Mitsubishi, sale guy, Tony Shaw, his cell phone: (949)619-9705.

1 Like

I started my buying research for this PHEV (SEL trim) couple of days ago and have reached out to many of the local (So Cal) dealers for quotes. Responses from all, but one quote so far (3500+2000 off MSRP of ~ 36K). My target (and would be the primary reason) is similar to what @vinhboy was aiming for. Now after reading thru this thread its giving me doubts as to its feasibility. Couple of dealers have ~ 7300 (including the 2000 rebate from M) off MSRP on their website. I would like to know how are they pulling these as teasers (wrt the Federal rebate) as that number is 5836. Any insight from your experience will save me a dealer visit. They will NOT have a deal unless I have the correct numbers. Strangely, these two dealers have a lots of PHEVs (70+), but its the same inventory on two different sites - make be same ownership?. Lease on this would be pretty useless because of low RV and trying to get combined negotiations started after fixing the purchase price. Has anyone bought recently?
Thanks a ton for any feedback.

I am also looking at this car at the moment trying to figure the numbers out for the 2018 GT version. It seems like they go MSRP - $2000 as the sales price from what I can tell. Does anyone know if they do MSDs?

Hi. I’d like some info on this

We did a financing purchase back in April for a SEL with an MSRP of $36,000 and ended up getting it for an OTD price of $33,800 in Southern California. This is without any of the dealer add-ons such as paint protection / lo-jack. We had a trade in, and they gave us an extra $1,000 in the trade over what was previously offered.

Hahaha !

I guessed this a long time ago…these dealers will be bankrupt soon !

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/so-this-happened-so-cal-commerce-mitsubishi/90469?u=carbuyersocal