2018 Mercedes c300 4matic loaner lease help needed

Hi All. I’m new to leasing and would appreciate some guidance. When I called this dealer (whom I had met few months ago) he was giving me monthly payment quotes over the phone for the car below saying that for a car like this my payments would be so and so. Frankly, I am confused because how would he know the monthly payments without checking my FICO score? I did tell him that I have exceptional credit (which I checked) so was he giving the prices based on that? Anyway, I asked him what is the money factor and he said I can get that info after I talk to financing and the money factor won’t go down which I thought was BS. I asked about MSD’s and he said I would have to talk to finance folks about it. Finally below is the offer he made over the phone. Would appreciate if someone can tell me if this is a good deal/bad deal and what should I do the get the best deal possible? Also, is it worth taking the maintence package for around $1300 for 3 services? Thanks!

monthly payment offer: 469/month
10k miles/year allowed ($20/month more for 12K)
No money down
This is a loaner with
Original MSRP: $45,700
Sale price offered: $37,900
Miles: 4,601
HANDS-FREE Comfort Package
Smartphones Integration Package
Smartphones Integration,
Android Auto,
Apple CarPlay.
Premium Package
Blind Spot Assist
Heated Front Seats
KEYLESS GO
SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Please help!

I was able to get a similarly equipped 2017 loaner with 6k miles for 251/mo after tax. My MSRP was around $47500 with no MSD’s & 0 down on a 10k/24mo.

I didn’t elect to get the service, because I figured it would only have 2-3 services while I own the car, and I don’t see those being more than 1300.

Definitely not a good deal on that car as other users have been able to get into an E class at that price point. You should really be shooting for mid 300’s with no MSD’s, and low 300’s with MSD’s.

Much better deals to be had… have you searched on this site yet?

Where are you located?

Thanks masterhail. How do I negotiate myself down to mid 300s. Any suggestions?

HI bmms8. Im in northern virginia. Any suggestions on where I can find local deals on leases? I’m pretty new to all this.

Unfortunately im in socal so i cant be of much help. Contact @nyclife for deals that may be available in NY if thats not too far.

@c300guy - The best way is to search the CPO cars near your zip code and negotiate on the MSRP https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/cpo/inventory/zip-22030/year-2017,2018/class-C:SDN

Then add the Penfed, USAA or any other fleet discounts on top of them to bring the monthly lease down to the desired $ amount. Start with the lowest MSRP and any vehicles under 8k miles.

1 Like

Ah - Virginia deals are always less attractive since they charge full sales tax on the entire cost of the car, not per monthly payment. I’m not sure how to calculate an offset compared to the other deals on this site though.

ugh sad to hear. thanks though

At this point if feels like mid 300 seems impossible but I know it’s possible looking at all you guys getting awesome deals. I found a comparable car for around 36500. I’m thinking of asking to match that. Any other ways I can shave off more? Need some motivation.

My loaner quote was on a $51k msrp plus maintenance package for about $460/mo, true sign and drive $0. Didn’t go for it but there’s better deals to be had than your current quote.

Also Wouldn’t hurt to ask @nyclife

Start here

You got someone in your family with military history? Usaa gives 2500 off lease on top of most discounts, although not every dealership will take that. Just keep looking around, dont be afraid to travel for a good deal, Im in tn but I flew to Virginia for mine. Mine was 194/m but I did have 1500 DAS so effectively 260/m.

Also another tip 1300 is a bit high for the maintenance, but regardless it should raise your RV if you buy it.

Good luck!

Do you mind sharing some details on your deal? I’m in Virginia and a USAA member so I’d also be interested in which dealership you used. Thanks.