2018 MB C43 AMG Coupe Deal - Yay or Nay?

Hey Pro Hackrs - Seeking a bit of help and guidance on a recent 2018 C43 AMG Coupe offer I just received. After reading a lot of the forums I was very persistent on what I should expect to pay. After about 10+ dealers telling me that I was crazy, I found 1 to send me their work sheet.

2018 MB C43 Coupe 36m/12k
MSRP: 63,140
SELL PRICE: 55,821 (11% DISCOUNT)
MF: 0.00084
RV: 52%
TAX: 7.25%

MONTHLY: 807.95
DRIVE OFF: 807.95

My initial thought is that the RV is extremely low and where they are making their money. My question is if I can do better or this is about as good as it gets for a C43 lease?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Dealers make money on the selling price and on marking up the MF. Residual is set by the bank (MB Financial Services). The dealer here does not appear to have marked up the MF. So only way the lease can get cheaper is to 1) further negotiate the selling price (including any incentives that may be available to you…fleet discount, etc) and/or 2) you can put down MSDs which would lower your payment up to $50/mo

1 Like

Problem is that it’s a performance car, it’s a coupe, and you’re going for 12k miles p/a. That all helps to reduce the RV factor, the dealer has nothing to do with the RV rate. 11% discount is solid though. That said for $800 p/m you’re getting close to M3 money, which is a much better car (I say that as a GLC43 owner). Are you happy paying more for a coupe?

1 Like

thank you for the response and the helpful info. I have reached out to the dealer for some help on the selling price and offered MSDs. Will keep you posted on how it works out.

thanks for the response! I am pretty set on the coupe (no kids) and on the AMG. Although, this will be a business lease, I do feel that the $800 is still on the high side and hope they come down. I did work pretty hard on the 11% so I am not too confident but will hold out. Thanks again.

See if you qualify for fleet (usually $500 more) and put down MSDs.

Alternatively look for a demo and do the above.

I’m working a deal on a c43 as well and I’ve gotten 14% off MSRP but my MF is inflated. I’m pushing to get the retention mf but they aren’t budging. So I think it’ll be a uphill battle to get both of those things. But who knows maybe it’s possible.

14% is nice work so congrats, sorry about the MF. Can I ask what monthly payment you’re at and what you’re looking for? Today was the last Saturday of the month so I bet they will start coming back for a big final weekend push next weekend.

that is M3 monies right here,

1 Like

Thanks man, as I’m sure you’ve discovered getting them to discount this car is a tough proposition. 11% is solid. Right now I’m at about $740. My goal is to be at 700 or less… Maybe unrealistic but I’ll let you know if it happens

The coupe is tough. AMGs don’t discount much and coupes make the bad residual even worse. You could possibly push than discount up a tiny bit and add MSDs as others have said but for basically a $0 DAS other than 1st month that’s just what the lease will cost.

we’re pretty close to the 2019’s. Wonder if they’ll budge to get them off the lot.

yeah, that’s what another response said, unfortunately never was a fan of the M series (nothing against anyone who is). If MB is really stubborn and doesn’t move, I may look into S5 leases. Any insights on current S5 leases?

you don’t like any M car? Due to looks and/or driving? Like I said I have a GLC43 which has the same engine, gearbox and drivetrain as the C43 but the gearbox is garbage compared to the equivalent DCT in the M3/4.

You’ll get even less value from Audi’s unfortunately, plenty of threads here talking about it.

primarily looks to be honest, not really a fan of the interior of the BMW’s but if you insist, I’ll take my blinders off a go sit in one this weekend. The AMG’s are just a bit more my style I guess.

1 Like
1 Like

That was M3 money’s. If you can find a comparable M3 in July 2018 that leases at 740 +tax with only 1st DAS and 12k/yr I’ll ship you a cookie!

M3 supply is pretty much gone and the M2/M4 don’t lease very well either.

That being said, the C43 facelift has some very material changes so OP should be shooting for a larger dealer discount on an 18.

What was meant when we mentioned M3 was it was in a similar monthly price bracket despite being a class above in performance, and it still is if you compare similar MSRP’s. Yeah the residual has been hammered from 60% to 57% (for 10k miles) in just a couple of months but you can still get up to $3k in incentives and a low MF which is keeping it competitive, it also means the M3 and M4 have almost identical lease figures at the moment. You’re right though that stock is going fast.

A low end M3 example with a slightly higher MSRP of $68k should have an achievable monthly of $850p/m. M4’s would be only fractionally more at the moment.

I would contest that you’re talking apples to apples here. Assuming OP wants an auto transmission (since he’s looking at a car without a manual), you’re up to a 72-73k MSRP.

Also correcting the MF and getting closer to comparable options, you’re up in the 950 with tax range, which would be close to 20% higher.

M4’s suffer from the lower residual but there is still supply on them. However, looking though bimmerpost and bfest historical pricing shows it’s really hard to get anything under 1K with only 1st DAS.

I agree with your assessment on performance but they are in completely different price brackets.

That’s why I said comparable MSRP’s, and I already bumped down the RV from 57% to 56% in the calculation. Like I wrote, the residual for M3 and M4 is now the same. If someone can afford $808 p/m for a C43 they can afford $850-900 for an M3. It’s down to the OP to see what they do with their money.