2018 Lexus Gx460 premium

:wink::clap:lets do this that would be awesome

So much hate for the GX in this thread. Itā€™s ugly, itā€™s boring, itā€™s plain, but I love them. If Iā€™m not mistaken I remember reading they are built to last a minimum of 250,000 miles on minimal maintenance. They are built along side the Landcruiser and based on the 4runner platform. For the money, reliability, and low cost of maintenance Iā€™d take a GX (or even LX) over just about anything in a heartbeat without a second thought. I love the GX and honestly would only want an LX or Landcruiser more, but thatā€™s quite a bit more upfront.

Do you mind sharing where you are located? And what is MS Reserve incentive?

Here is the portal

https://msreserved.com/pages/lexus

1 Like

I agree. Itā€™s a cool car if you use as itā€™s intended. Hereā€™s me playing on the beach over the weekend. And boy was I glad it was a lease when I realized the passenger windows were down .

What incentives if any did you have?

I am trying to work this deal in Tennessee and am brand new. I have been searching the site, but am unsure that i am calculating correctly because I continue to get a payment in the $500 range and it seems so high! I would appreciate any help that any one would like to offer!

$500 is high? Whatā€™s the MSRP of the model you want and what payment are you expecting?

I was looking at the basic package that was an advertised lease. I see people getting the premium for less than the advertised price of the basic and I suppose thatā€™s why I thought it was high? The advertised price for the basic is $539 a month with $0 down with an MSRP of $56,090.00 and a $3,000 Lexus cash offer.

I agree that GX460 premium for over 500 is high. The car is outdated and drives like a tacoma and needs its own tanker with 15 mpg. The 4 runner which is the same car is around 45k fully loaded, so you are paying 10k more just for the Lexus nameplate.

I really like the car itself, but agree the MPG is a huge deterrent- but it would also be a third vehicle for family weekend trips and not a daily commuter. I like the look of the car and like the Lexus dealership in our area for service. I have owned other vehicles and small things like oil changes or a tire rotation they donā€™t blink an eye at giving you a loaner and other facilities will force you to wait or you have to arrange for someone to pick you up/drop you off etc. Also, they do a detail for every service. Itā€™s the small things that add up that have me leaning towards the Lexus.

1 Like

Buy a CPO for 30-35K. Thereā€™s no way youā€™ll spend $18k ($500/month) over the next 3 years.

I think the 3k Lexus cash is for purchases only.

I think youā€™re right! I canā€™t figure out what the best deal would be for the lease.

Not sure if youā€™ve actually owned and driven both of those vehicles (I have). In my experience, although they share the same platform they drive and ride completely differently. Not saying the GX is necessarily worth the price difference, but to suggest that itā€™s the same car as the 4Runner is not accurate in my opinion. I know many folks who have moved from the 4Runner to the GX, but nobody I know has ever moved in the other direction.

FYI, GX is NOT the exact same car as 4 runner, close, but not the same. GX is actually the same car the Land Cruiser Prado in Japan or a short wheel base of the full size Land Cruiser. The platform is even more rugged and off road capable than 4 runner. GX/Prado, IMO, is the most capable off road vehicle that Toyota/Lexus makes, much more so than the Land Cruiser and LX. It is one of the a few luxury offroad capable vehicle exist.

Having that said, I do totally agree that GX isnā€™t the right SUV for most. It is body on frame, handles lilke a truck, small interior space compare to exterior dimension. Very fuel inefficient for daily on road usage. 3th row exist for the hack of it and not very usable. And most importantly, the overall platform is very dated. It is a car you buy it for the off road capability. there are far better choice for on road general family use.

The deal in OP seems to be good tho.

I was very interested in the GX and LX due to their capabilities but ultimately a crossover is better suited to 95% of my needs.

1 Like

Any luck with this? Iā€™m looking at GX460 premium with MSRP if 59,998 and only way to get the payment down even close to 500 is with about 6000 down up front to reduce cap cost.

This is also with about 17% off of MSRP to bring price down to about 51k, and then taxes etc bringing it back up to around 54k.

Deposit $1M with Morgan Stanley, wait until November, hope they have a 5k MS Reserved living and giving cert, use that to drive cap cost down.

Lol that 1M could be tough to come by at this stageā€¦but still they are giving $8,998 (15%) off MSRP and payments still seem highā€¦or do I just not know what Iā€™m looking at? I know I can easily get 1k MorĆ© off because of the protection packages they tacked on but I donā€™t know what else