2018 Jaguar XE 25T Premium AWD - Working a deal, thoughts?

My mother is looking for a new car and has some very specific requirements while also wanting to pay as little as possible (no more than $250/month). She wants something that’s an AWD Sedan with Leather (leatherette or leather trimmed is OK), Apple CarPlay, and a sunroof (not required, but preferred). Things we looked at before this XE were a 2019 Altima SR AWD, 2018 Kia Stinger Base, 2019 Impreza Sport, and a 2019 Legacy Premium. The pricing on those cars weren’t that great, so we held off. Then comes this XE deal just now…

MSRP: $46,863
Selling Price: $35,199 (waiting for breakdown between dealer discount and current incentives)
MF: .00020 (Need to check the MF for Tier 1 credit and make sure this is buy rate)
Residual: $23,431 (50%, if I calculated that right)
Miles/Term: 10k/yr, 39 months
Money Down: $3700 (this was another customers deal and what was in the sales sheet I got a photo of - more on that below)
Monthly (including tax): $279.15

Now, we know the golden rule is NEVER PUT MONEY DOWN ON A LEASE, but my mother wants to put $4k down anyway, even though I advised her not to and to take that money and pay the monthly payment with it, she refuses. Don’t care, that’s her decision and she knows I advised against that.

They also mentioned that once they have a commitment from me (which I can change my mind on and be refunded the deposit) they will go to Jaguar to get some type of PIN, because it’s going to be priced as if it’s for an employee to hit these numbers. They said if they don’t get it, obviously they won’t take any money.

The last thing is I cannot believe that a 2018 Jaguar doesn’t have CarPlay, but it appears that the dealer can update the car to have it, if it is equipped the right way (https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jaguar-land-rover-apple-carplay-android-auto/). Waiting to hear if this car is upgradable or not, as that’s a requirement.

Thoughts?

That’s a very good deal. Similar to employee PIN pricing. I would jump on it if that’s the car.

Do you know the likelihood of them getting a PIN for this deal? I am not at all familiar with this process.

This is similar to the employee pricing I have seen with a PIN. Therefore, if they’re offering this car to you, and you like it, it’s a great deal and I would grab it.

Likelihood-I’m not certain. They reach out to their regional marketing director and get it done. I think you have no problem getting on once you commit. I got my Sportbrake with one and helped @GOFAST w one as well on his disco.

From what they explained, this pricing in contingent on them getting employee pricing with a PIN. So it seems like if they have a confirmed buyer, they’d be likely to get it done, I’d think. Thank you sir.

Correct! I’d do it. Free maintenance for the duration of the lease will be nice for your mother as well!

What part of the country?

Northeast

I’d go for it man. Can’t do any better on that car.

Challenge accepted lol I think the MF should be .00001, so there’s some room there at least.

Update: They claim that when the deal is being done like an employee lease, the numbers and discounts are set in stone and non-negotiable because all employee deals have to be the same across the board - any truth to that?

They adjusted the MF to .00001 and with 4k down, they’re at $266/month. They also said they’d do the software update to enable CarPlay at no charge.

That is true! I’ve seen 2-3 of these PIN deals and it holds true. Great deal! Which dealership is offering it to you if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m currently working one for a customer out of Norwood.

Also agree on the PIN deals being standardized. I was told the same by the dealer on the Discovery deal I did with the help of @Bostoncarconcierge.

This sounds like a great deal. Do either of you know if it would be possible to replicate a similar PIN deal around here??

I’ll post a new thread once the PIN comes through and the deal is signed, but everything is set and just waiting for the PIN.

Deal was done at Jaguar of Allentown in PA. Tim was the salesman, Robert is the GM. If you’re looking for a great deal, tell them Derek sent you. They have a few cars left that should be eligible for employee PIN pricing.

What’s around here :slight_smile: I have one more in New England if you want it before end of month.

Would you mind sending me a PM with lease details? Vehicle Options? I’m in Maryland but might be willing to fly to Boston and drive home for the right deal.

Need to do it before month end. Gotta be a local deal

Signed! 2018 Jaguar XE 25T Premium AWD Signed! Employee Pricing and .00001 MF!

Mods can close this thread if you’d like.