2018 Infiniti QX60 AWD - MSRP $46,310 17.5% Off 39/10K. $312/Mth with $2800 MSDs. $273/mth with MSD and VPP. Zero Down - No Broker or Dealer Fees. NJ/CT

same as last month .00085

@HN308, any update on the May numbers?

The dealer has no inventory of Base QX60 any more. The only ones they have in stock are Premium plus and above with a sticker starting around 51K.

This not good news for anyone looking to be around $300/mth with VPP and MSD as the inventory is just not there for that vehicle. It might change in few weeks but for now this is a done deal.

I will post updated QX60 Premium plus numbers in the separate thread I have for it, hopefully later today once I have it.

1 Like

I am in NJ in the market for QX60 with Premium+Premium Plus+ Driver Assistance Packages, Please PM me your dealer info please.

It’s not worth it without those packages IMO

A post was merged into an existing topic: NYCLIFE Brokering, [California, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Florida]

Hey, Eel…

As a relative newbie, could you tell me how you “presented your case?”

Was it just sending an email with, a friend of mine is getting the following deal on the east coast, and you list everything, including incentives, or did you just say, I know the QX60 is not moving, has big discounts, I’d like to get it for 43k, as I know that’s what the market is.

Or did you do this in person?

I sent Joe an email, but did not get a reply.

Want to sharpen my pitch / technique.

I ask, because everyone says, lock the price down before you reveal you want to lease.

My starting point, generally, has been get 10% off from MSRP. That hasn’t worked very well.

Thanks

Lease and purchase may have different incentives so dont hide the fact you are leasing as you will be wasting their time and yours. But you should know what the discounts on leases are and push for the discount.

Also newbie on lease, but I have been involved for car purchasing for family members and friends. As many other advices, I always started it all with emails. I do provide my phone number in the emails, so dealers can call me if they need.

In the initial email, I simply stated the spec of the car I am interested in, MSPR, lease terms (mile and length), my targeted selling price, expected monthly payment (zero down of course), and willingness to do MSD. And I also state if they can match or come close my number, I am ready to buy “today”. Since my numbers are reasonable (from here), dealers will response, either by email or phone. When they asked how I arrived to my numbers, I simply told them a co worker just bought one at that price, I would like to repeat the deal.

I tried to not micro manage how dealer work out their incentive or rebate. Whatever they do, I just need the selling price to reach my target. The on the subsequent replies by one of dealers, they mentioned they can get to that selling price with VPP, and asked if I qualify, I told the yes.

And in no time, I ever mentioned “QX60s are not moving” or any gestures that potentially could be understood as an insult, because I believe the best deal is when both parties are happy. My main goal here is not try to squeeze every bit of profit from the dealers. I think they entitle to make some profit. Being in Bay Area CA, I understand they need more profit to sustained their business. So I work toward my goal for the particular car based on my research (here). If no dealers can come close, I will just look at another car. Take QX60 as an example, if all dealers around me can come back to me with $530 (1% of MSRP), then I will not be drivng a QX60 now, probably be driving a XC90 T6 mom. I don’t mind spending more money, I want a proper payment for the particular car.

2 Likes

thanks Eel. (and everyone)

1 Like

Don’t overthink it. Send emails with the numbers broken down, the rest is just noise. Even on the east coast 8 out of ten dealers will say no to this deal. You have to spread an ever widening net to find the one.

How does not allowing Security deposits protect the consumer?

My guess is at some time in the past, dealers were requiring security deposits (perhaps not with a subsequent reduction in interest rate) and the populace rebelled against this and the result was they were outlawed in NY.

Original idea of MSDs was to require people with bad credit (or high credit risk, minorities, etc.), or just because lenders felt like demanding them, to put them down to get a lease. NY makes it a level playing field for all, only credit tier plays role.

I’ve been reading the forums for the last couple months. My sister is looking for a QX60 and has VPP and my dad is looking for a Q50 luxe awd no VPP. They are both in Upstate NY so MSD won’t apply. I would love to connect with your dealer as the Infiniti Dealer in the area and the ownerships other dealerships have been less than desirable experiences in the past.

Thanks to @HN308
Finally, signed a base model in MA. I had VPP but since MA had 1K less incentives compared to the OP’s region, the starting price for me was $273/mo -> $300/mo. Plus including the 310 reg fee and 300 delivery fee to my place, the price I received at the OP’s dealer was approx. $316/mo + tax if I were to roll in everything. Price was OK, but it was a headache to deal with the process to get a new plate remotely.

I reached out to all dealerships nearby with OP’s number which most did not even care to give a counter offer. Later I saw that one of the dealership advertising $429/mo + tax sign&drive and actually was not a bad number after 8MSD and VPP. It came down to $327/mo + tax (over 39mo). Called up the GM and synced the numbers. Tried to push it lower but was a no go, and settled at $327/mo. Still, was satisfied with spending an extra $400 for not having to deal with an out-of-state purchase.

Strange thing I noticed was that the contract would say
MSRP=$46310
Sale Price= 39100 (includes VPP)
Driveoff = $10XX (1st mo, reg and doc) + 8 MSD($3200)
Monthly = $336/mo + tax

But then the dealer absorbed the $1K and I walked out with just $3200 MSD down, and will be paying $336/mo + tax for 38months (so essentially a $336 + tax /mo sign& drive deal which is equivalent to $327/mo over 39 months).

Would there be a reason for the dealer to write the contract this way? Maybe trying to avoid writing a low number on the sales price?

The VPP is included in the Driveoff not in the Sale Price.

can you please DM me the dealer info

I’m in NJ and interested in 0 down deal. Work at Accenture can do MSD. Current have a QX60 lease. Pls send details. Thanks!

Hi I would like to replicate your deal. Would you please share the contact info at Beshoff Infiniti? Sorry I am new here and I haven’t figured out how to PM. Thanks!