2018 Hyundai Sonata SEL lease question

Hyundai Sonata SEL+ with Tech Pkg
MSRP: $25,935
Sales Price: $22,175 (14% discount)
Hyundai Cash Incentive: $3,000
Money Factor: 0.00208
Residual: 54%
Monthly Pmt: $230+ tax

I’ve contacted a few but it seems they are not even close. True car average selling price appears to be around $22K so I thought this was doable.

my experience with Sonata pricing is that you can get 7-12% off msrp BEFORE any incentives. Higher trims put you in the 10-12% range; SE trim level is 7-8%. Of course, supply/demand and market timing are also factors.

SEL + should be in the 9-10% range

Okay, so I’m a little too optimistic with the 14%. I’m seeing $236 on Honcker but that probably doesn’t include the Tech Pkg option. $260/mo on $26K is probably the best I’ll be able to do?

SEL is a lame duck this month. The limited can be had for basically same money.

Great suggestion, thank you. I’m in Hyundai USA site searching for inventory, and there appear to be no Limited Plus models in SoCal :frowning_face:

That looks pretty good; I would jump all over it if I can get that.

if you are ONLY using the HMA tool, it is not updated with all the PLUS models. You have to go to dealer sites to view actual inventory. I would be very surprised if there were NO plus models in SoCal…GL

Even the dealer site doesn’t distinguish “plus” in Limited trim. Window sticker does show the “Tech Pkg” options included. So this is what I’m offered on 3-year 12K lease with $0 drive off, $311 per month including tax.

Did you say this was a 3-series?

2 Likes

Wrong thread? What I did say was 3-year lease.

that’s too much; there’s at least 4500 lease cash on that trim
do you have a breakdown?

is that your evil twin over at edmunds:
.00197 MF and 52% residual
$5000 lease cash

actually 35 payments of 311 is pretty good; my calc assumed 2500 off msrp

What zip are you in Ian? You should be able to get a Limited 2.4l with tech for under $300 on a 36/12k.

Yeah, it’s 11% off MSRP. And reportedly some of the numbers I had were off. MF is 0.00207 acquisition fee $650, registration $512. If I pay the drive off charges, it comes out to $250 before taxes.

91501, yeah the math on the turbo comes out bit higher. What more do I get besides the engine?

I believe that the Limited 2.0T is the exact same as the Limited 2.4l “+” with the tech and ultimate packages except for the upgraded engine.

There were previously some other styling differences, but the new Limited 2.4 “+” has those anyway. (I’m putting “+” in quotes because it isn’t called the “+” as was discussed above, but it is refreshed… it is confusing).

You should be able to get $5000 in incentives. Are you looking at the 2.4l Limited with tech or 2.4l Limited with tech AND ultimate?

I have a KIA Optima Hybrid EX lease ending in 2 weeks. I am just looking for something comparable for the minimum monthly.

Depends on what packages you have on the Optima EX… obviously the Sonata isn’t a hybrid. You probably don’t need the Ultimate package (upgraded speakers, moon roof, a few other things). On just the Limited 2.4l Tech you should be able to get close to $290 with $0 das. Here is one example: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Hyundai&msrp=28535&sales_price=25500&months=36&mf=.00197&dp=0&doc_fee=80&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=5000&rebate=0&resP=52&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=9.5&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0

Good luck!

for future ref. HMF acq fee was raised to 650 a while ago

Couple of things: as mentioned, acq fee is now $650, registration fee is $650 and the MF is 0.00207. And you have the incentive as non-taxable, I thought cap reductions are taxable. Other than that, our numbers are very close.