2018 GMC Terrain SLE 139/mo

And I may win the lotto tonight too :grin:

1 Like

it decreased :cry: , its $1500 now and require a 2012 or newer non gm

https://i.gyazo.com/904f3b77a6bd0024de7ad7b666cfd7a0

My assumption is that the dealer doesn’t get points on the actual financing side of the house. The dealer likely loses the opportunity for financing kickbacks with a one pay lease

Hi Arya,

Can you please share the dealer info in SoCal?

Thanks

Hi Guys, You guys all cleared out their inventory of Terrains! Incentives have changed in May, so I’m not sure if this deal will be possible anymore, but I will keep you guys posted if the dealer has anymore specials. Once again, it was a SoCal Dealer.

Best,
Kesha

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Awesome deal! Congrats

1 Like

PM me please
Thank you,

Did you read two posts above you? #NRTC

2 Likes

This is my first time negotiating a lease but here’s where I’m at right now.
I went through the back and forth process with a dealership in Houston, TX today. They walked away from the table after 5 hours of back and forth. They wouldn’t provide much on paper, mostly hand writing or verbally.

I let my sales person know early on that I’m not in any rush to sign a lease but with the advertised lease specials($139/mo on a 24/10k Terrain SLE MSRP $28,895) they’re offering I thought I would stop by and if a great offer that I couldn’t refuse came along, I would sign today. I told him what mattered to me was the total cost of the lease and mentioned to the sales person that a great deal to me $7000 total cost over 3 years but understood if the numbers weren’t there I would be willing to adjust that. I also mentioned that I understood I would only be able to even come close to that number with a One-pay lease deal, but again mentioned I could adjust what I considered was a great offer once they showed me some concrete numbers.

Anyway by the time they walked away from the table I got the following offer.

2018 GMC Terrain SLE
MSPR: $29,480
Sales Price: $26,000 (I don’t remember the exact after 5 hours)
Rebates: $4000 (verbally given)
Money Factor: .00133 (verbally given)
Residual Value: 53% (verbally given)
Lease term: 39 Months
Mileage: 10,000/yr
Tax in Texas is 6.25% on the sale price of the car after rebates (unless I’m mistaken)

By their numbers it would work out to $192.95/mo(yeah it actually said $192.95) with $3642 due at signing. Total cost with these numbers is $11167.05 for 39 months or effectively $286.34/mo.

I was willing to consider this deal if they would’ve given me a One-pay, but they said it would only save about $80 bucks, which I politely said that I had heard it would save quite a bit more than that and just for due diligence I’d like to see what a One-pay would do to my total lease cost. When the sales associate was leaving to go talk to the manager about it, he mentioned that they would need to see what the residual value would be on a One-pay(which sounds inaccurate). After some more waiting they came back with a price of $10967.05 and kept trying to push the monthly payments on me. Even going so far as to offer me $1000 more off the sales price.

I told them I thought they were offering a good deal for a lease, but if they wanted me to sign today without another thought about it, it had to be a great deal. I finally got some concrete numbers of the sales price and rebates, but didn’t remember to take it with me(my first time negotiating a lease, I’m sure they could sense it). From what I remember, the final negotiated price was ~$25100(15% off MSRP) with $4000 in additional rebates. Haven given me these numbers I was finally able to calculate the tax to be ~$1300.

I think what made them walk away from the deal is the One-pay lease, considering they were going to miss out on about $1500 in interest, but I’m just speculating here. Maybe some rebates are tied to an actual month to month lease. I’m not sure, all I know is my gut told me I was being given a good offer but not one that I needed to sign today, especially since I only started talking to them today.

I thought I would put this out there for others to get an idea of what offer I was about to get after 1 day of talking with a dealership in person. Thoughts and comments are appreciated.

-Mark

Edit: I’ve attached a lease calc link with ballpark figures that get me to the $193/mo with $3642 due at signing. Next time I go in for negotiating I’ll bring a notepad to write down numbers. Link

Why would you even consider a 39 month lease? Wow rebates dropped a lot this month. Definitely wait if you can. That’s not a good offer at all

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I honestly dont know why I considered a 39 month lease. I even went in there looking for 24 months. :confused: I fall back on the lame excuse of me being so new at this and getting caught up in the sales pitch. Looks like I’ll be waiting, thankfully I can wait for about 5 months if need be.

I bought my Terrain thru Facebook messenger. Try emailing and Facebooking a deal. Sometimes that makes it easier

I bought my terrain thru snapchat. It was the only way I could get a GMC dealer to send real numbers.

2 Likes

Yeah right lol !!! Im surprised it wasnt on tinder ! Lol

if you could, please PM me!

Im looking for GMC terrain in Los Angeles area.

@JohnnyBonds You have to do the leg work and find the deal. No one will feed you a deal unless you are willing to work with a broker. Search the site for reputable brokers.

1 Like

Call around Southern California…many of them have a deal like this.

hi, I’m in SoCal , can you pm the dealer info please . Appreciate