2018 f15 bmw x5

^ Didn’t really want to go Owners Choice. What do you mean $6K in rebates?

If you are willing to travel to Houston (dont know if you are already there) Woodlands BMW has 2018’s discounted by 10-15k right out of the box.

Some demo vehicles are discounted by as much as 18k (Ex: MSRP X5 s35i 63k MSRP for 45k)
I did work some numbers with them (especially with Loyalty+BMW CCA + Corp) and it was close to about 0DAS, 529/mo

They already have an offer for NEW 2018 X5 on their main page for 1325DAS, 599/mo which falls under the 1% rule here.
TAX INCLUDED (Tax rebates)

I am in Dallas, but would be willing to drive down and get it. Now I have to pray that they have one with a third row, which is what I need. I didn’t see any on their site.

Thank you for the help nonetheless - this is exactly what I am looking for. Amazing the AutoNation dealer in Dallas won’t match this and they do have what I want…

Well that didn’t go well, they sent me an offer that was double the price of the advertised deal even when I spelled out all of the terms…

Waiting for their response as I went back and gave them a full breakout. I mean THEY are the ones who advertised the deal? I am lost as to where to go - all the Dallas area dealers even the one I have bought cars from for 15 years are quoting 900-1200 on outgoing X5.

Did I jump the gun? Is this a better conversation to have at the end of November or December?

They didn’t even counter they said they couldn’t accept my deal which was a little more aggressive than website. By $20/month.

Their offers were all north of $1000/month, not worth typing out the horrible details…

Wow - that is scary. We got a new X5 with 3rd row recently: Trophy Garage [ Photos ]

Why won’t you try and use Owners Choice if it gets you a better deal with the same advantages as a lease? Owners Choice means YOU get the Fed and state tax rebates (which I think total $6k+), but you should still be able to get a similar discount and incentives. The other benefit is if you choose to buy the car after 3 years you don’t pay tax again as you would with a lease buyout in Texas.

With EV and hybrids you need to do way more research and reading as they’re more complicated, but the Owners Choice option is a really big advantage if leasing EV/hybrids with BMW and Mini.

^ Thanks the only thing I hate is that you don’t have any GAP built in

Yeah but the gap is only going to be a fraction of the $6k+ Tax rebate. Did BMW alter incentives this month on the 40e in Texas?

I am looking at the sdrive 35i not 40e so if I can get tax credits there will essentially be no difference. The taxes on the vehicle are only around 3200-3600.

The difference in incentive is $1,000 for 35i and $2,750 for 40e.

Where is the additional coming from?

Sorry I got my wires crossed, there was another guy from Texas who was looking for a 40e so Owners Choice made sense for him, I thought this was similar.

But if you need the 3rd row then that rules out the 40e, and a lot of the X5’s. The deal dfwguy posted looked great but not sure if they have any with 3rd row. Not a lot of higher end options with those seating options that lease well.

A couple of weeks ago I test drove a Discovery Sport which had the 7 seat option, they’re heavily discounted and incentivised at the moment. I did the maths and they’d be in the $400’s p/m even with Texas taxes, but the infotainment system is really poor.

1 Like

i called BMW Woodlands and they seem to be advertising the prices for the lease based on Owners Choice.

Funny story: After my call with them, their lease page seems to have…DISAPPEARED :wink:

yeah I saw that the page disappeared, I’m going in tomorrow to see what condition the lower end loaners are in. Never seen them push the Owners Choice option as their preferred financial product, that’s probably what I would go with anyway.

Yes it has. I am planning to visit them tomorrow, in market for 2018 X5

I noticed that it has disappeared as well. Guess they don’t want to sell for that price just using it to get people to call or email. I was pretty pissed off when talking to the sales manager after the offer I got. I spent time talking to sales guy and it’s like our conversation was never even had when he sent me a $1100/month offer on the outgoing model lol…

I spoke with Sales rep, he told me they cannot give me the quote without running my credit. Then I reached out to manager, he wants me to visit in person. I was looking at a Loaner with 4600 miles on it.

Sounds like they are not wanting to sell a car. All the dealers in Texas markup the MF, which is surprising given how leases go in TX with full sales tax unless tax credits are available.

Tax credits should be available to help move these old X5s off the lot over the next two months, or one would think

So newest offer on Demo 2,000 miles - 2018 X5:

MSRP = $72,460
Selling Price = $62,780 + $1,500 lease cash, $1,000 loyalty and $500 USAA ($3,000 in incentives on top of selling price)
Residual = 59% @ 36/10 w/ adjustment for mileage (somewhere around 2,000 possibly less, haven’t verified 58.4% residual is what I used in the calculator)
MF = 0.00202 (marked up half of what is allowed - don’t love it, but haven’t started negotiation)
Term = 36 months, 10K per year
Cash Due at Signing is first month payment only = $745
Tax Credits are applied, live in TX
Monthly Payment = $745
Document Fee/Registration Fee = $340
Acquisition Fee = $925 not waive even though car is punched as demo, not a service loaner
*** Doc/Reg/Acq fees rolled in to monthly

I think the offer should be sub 1% of the MSRP, not sure what my HACKR target should be. Any help?

I think they might have been trying to shift a couple of units at the end of October to meet quota but are now trying to sell the rest at the higher price.

Woodlands BMW, and every Woodlands dealership for that matter, are very rarely competitive. I’d be very surprised if the best deal on any of these loaners is at the beginning of the month. I think I know 6 people who have contacted them including people in this thread about those loaners so they’ll play hardball, and try and get people through the door.

@DigitalBC did you actually go in or have you just been discussing deals via email/text? I didn’t get a chance to go in today but will try tomorrow. I don’t normally go in person to negotiate but given so many people are bombarding them it makes sense to speak to the sales manager directly and they can say yay or nay on a deal.

I have not gone it was all in email and text/phone. The above deal is from another dealer and not sure how much further down I can get the selling price.

What should my percent of MSRP be on the above deal?