2018 Cx9 GT AWD

It’s still a great deal for a Mazda suv. Anything under 1% is. They sell without Mazda even trying, not to mention the quality is beyond most luxury brands in the grand touring trim.

Hey from your experience what are the advantages and disadvantages of rolling in your taxes and fees to monthly payments? I’ve always paid fees upfront. Never seen true sign and drive with Mazda before.

Looks like a decent deal but if you go on CX-9 forums people are reporting more than 10% dealer discounts, perhaps negotiate the dealer discount without mentioning the E plan? Oh and one more thing I saw your post on Edmunds as well, what is the $1,100 rebate you are getting?

If interest rate is low, rolling them in is preferable because you aren’t paying interest on them. Paying them upfront saves on the monthly but those costs are potentially unrecoverable if the vehicle is totaled.

Have you compared the CX9 to the QX60 which you might be able to lease for a bit less this month?

I did look but it was significantly higher. Unless you’ve seen better deals. Do you have an example?

Here is a link to @HN308’s thread which has some fantastic pricing on QX60s, either through his dealer or through @nyclife. These offers are in the NE, but can be leveraged for other markets.

Too bad I’m in NY. No MSD for me… Also these look like one off deals and not the norm…

He has stated his dealer will honor the pricing, so more available than just a one off. Without MSD and No VPP, still about 370/mth on a 39/10. If you were interested in that vehicle (some think the tech is old and have disqualified it because of that), then something to consider.

My fiancee is currently driving a 17 cx9 GT AWD. The infotainment system on it is miserable and we have been rather underwhelmed by it overall. It does drive nice though. Would love to get rid of it if we could. I’d look hard at the QX60 unless you’re set on the cx9.

What car are you comparing to? I know infotainment is not the most advanced but it gets the job done for me. I’ve heard apply car and android car update is coming via software update.

The infotainment on my wife’s 2017 CX-9 is better than my BMW with tech package so I guess it depends on your expectations. By the way, the overall interior fit and finish of the CX-9 is better than my $48k BMW.

Lol so where’s the money going to?

The biggest issue with the infotainment is that it takes forever to boot up, you can’t input anything while driving manually, and the voice recognition is mediocre. This results in having to sit in the car for several minutes before leaving if you want to use the navigation. We end up just using waze on the phone most of the time. Wouldn’t be a problem if mazda ever bothered to update with apple carplay/android auto on like they’ve been promising for 2 years.

I think there is a specific issue with your car. Our system boots up immediately. No noticeable wait time.
The voice recognition is sub-par but so is the voice recognition of the BMW and most other cars I tried. Probably why I will insist on Android auto support for my next car.

If you turn your cx9 on and immediately click navigation, you don’t get a long wait time while it displays a bar saying “navigation is loading” or something like that?

I will check. Honestly, I never use the built in navigation on the Mazda or the BMW. They are inferior to Waze or Google Maps so I use my phone. Another reason to go with a car that supports Android auto…

It does have something no other 7 seater I tried has. An amazing ride and torque that is close to a sports car. That’s the reason we got it.

I agree that android auto would be better than nothing here, but their system doesn’t support that either from the factory.

I just ran out and timed the start up timeline since it’s easy to overestimate things.

From pressing engine start, the infotainment took 20-25 seconds to come to life at all, another 20+ seconds after that to connect to a phone, and slightly over a minute before the navigation system came to life. It felt quicker this time than usual but that may be because I was watching the clock.

I’ve seen people on Mazda forums say that it’s very easy to add Android Auto to the Mazda infotainment. Not sure what they consider easy to be, but it might be worth a look

Definitely an issue with your car. Safety message appeared almost instantly and system running within 5 sec from engine start. Nav took 20 second after pressing the nav button and 27 sec from engine start. Mine is late 2017 (bought in September). Perhaps you need a firmware update?

Forgot phone connection: 15 sec

It needs to go in soon for an oil change/service so I will talk to them about updating the firmware to see if that addresses the problem. I know my fiancee would be much happier if that was the case. 30 seconds from engine start is still pretty slow, but it’s definitely an improvement.

BoardWalk,
I have considered adding android auto and deactivating the moving lock out; it doesn’t appear to be hard to do. She’s an apple user though, so unfortunately, the android auto doesn’t help much in the end.