2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Lease

I had my heart set on a 2018 Tahoe Premier, but all of the lease numbers I am seeing are making me reconsider. Is this just a fact of the Premier being the top-of-the-line trim which normally doesn’t lease well?

MSRP: $72085
Sale Price: $63215
MF: .00222
Residual: 54%
DAS: $0
Terms: 39/12k
Monthly: $960/mo

$960/mo for a Tahoe? The sale price includes a $500 Costco discount and $250 lease cash (may be something else in there, too). Ehh.

Has anyone been successful on getting good offers on the Tahoe LT or Premiers? It looks like the LT has a residual of 58% over 54% on the Premier - same MF. I wonder if I should just scrap the entire idea of leasing a Tahoe.

Any other advice here?

Low residual, high MF, and lack of rebates make it nearly impossible to get a good deal on a Tahoe in general (Premier doesn’t really make a difference). If you want a full-size SUV, consider buying a CPO Lexus LX570. They hold their value extremely well and nothing goes wrong with them.

LX570 is nice - but seems to be out of my price range in the $90-100k range. It’s frustrating that it’s difficult to get a good lease on a Tahoe. Guessing we are in the same boat with GMC Yukon as well?

The Yukon will be the same. I suggested a CPO LX. This is around $71k in my area

Ah - sorry, I missed the “CPO” part! I would really like to stick to leasing if possible. Any other suggestions for full sized SUV’s in the lease world?

Tahoes seem to be fairly bulletproof and simple/cheap to fix. I wouldn’t be scared of one used.

But yeah, the residuals on these are absolutely terrible. This is typical of the top trim of any vehicle, it doesn’t really make any sense to lease unless it’s a unicorn deal. If you are set on leasing a full size SUV, stick to relatively basic models. Real life residuals on these things are even worse so do not finance a new one. Here’s a Pemier at ~55% of its MSRP after 1 year and 37k miles. Yikes. These things drop like a rock the first couple years.

https://www.carmax.com/car/16410308

Wow - the residuals on 2019 Infiniti QX80 looks too good to be true. 66% on a 36/10?

Is the Tahoe an RST? I leased a 2018 Tahoe RST MSRP 78,335 it included the performance breaks and the Borla exhaust. Long story short, i put down $1500 974.00 for 39 months. Not a great deal, but not horrible. This was back in May. By the way the truck has been in the shop 7 times for noise issues. Otherwise, it’s fun to drive.

Nah - it’s a Tahoe Premier line. Can you post more details about your deal?

You need to stick with the LT/SLT, wait for better incentives and get a good dealer discount. It’s possible to get a decent deal but will take some work and patience.

Yeah - my plan is to work on a GMC Yukon SLT lease instead of this Tahoe Premier. Missing some features I really want, but I think I should be able to get a slightly better deal on it.

960/mo is escalade territory

3 Likes

Or even GLS territory

if someone could post previous deals on Yukon SLT/Tahoe LT, I would really appreciate it

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Did you get the the Tahoe?

No - but I’m close to closing the deal on financing a 2017 Premier with very low mileage.

1 Like

I think that’s the way to go on these! Best of luck