2018 Chev Equinox LT Orange 13k/Year $470.59/Month (NJ)

Finance Company: GM Financial
2018 Equinox LT 1.5L T (leased from May 2018)
VIN: 2GNAXJEV8J6126830
Color: Orange
Lease terms: 13k per year for 39 months
Lease payments: $470.59
Buy option after lease is over: 15k
Current mileage: 12.5k (9.4k if you minus the 3.1k that was already on it)
State: New Jersey (Near JBMDL)
$10,150.93 left on the lease. I will be paying $720 a month now to knock the payments down.
29 months remaining on lease.
Lease turn in fee: ?
I will pay/reimburse you for the transfer fee.

This was a demo vechile in Ocean City, Nj, which then transfered to Lucas Chevrolet on Rt. 38. I had leased this with 3100 miles already. There are some little scratches on the back from where the old decal was at that Chevrolet removed.

The vehicle is in top notch condition.
No smoking.
Has had two oil changes already.
Professionally washed and detailed by Lucas Chevrolet.
Interior is kept very nice and smells nice. It does have heated seats, and blind alert features along with most of the rest of the LT features.
I also have two key remotes for the suv.

1 Like

That’s absolutely awful considering my mother is paying $250 a month for a nearly identical car (down to the color) for 10k miles per year (also in NJ). You will need to offer an incentive of around $200+ per month for someone here to want the lease.

Post on SwapaLease and even there you won’t get anyone to bite. This is truly a terrible deal

4 Likes

How the heck that car even costs $30k?

2 Likes

I’m paying almost 200 less than this for a 50k XT5 for my wife.

This thread isn’t going to end well.

6 Likes

They got me good with this lease. I absolutely hate this lease especially with all of my current health bills.

1 Like

what’s crazy is that it wasn’t even a new car, it was a demo.

i suggest you try to find other ways to offload that car, people on LH are too educated to pay double what it’s worth

4 Likes

What do you suggest I do? I would like to do get rid of this lease.

start by getting quotes from carvana and vroom. A lot of information about this on LH.

Alternatively you will have to come up with about $200 x remaining months as a lump sum incentive to a potential assuming party to make it worth their while and be competitive

I’d start parking it in places that flood routinely on the barrier islands right before bad rain or Noreasters are expected. Hopefully it rains enough to flood it out.

You’re going to have a ton of negative equity on this, so I wouldn’t bother with Carvana or Vroom. $200 in incentives a month is $6200 which is very painful.

You could also try driving in Lakewood a lot. Will be pretty easy to get it totalled with how everyone there drives (but get a dash cam so they can’t lie)

9 Likes

he should bother so he knows where he stands.
I agree, he will be upside down but if he really wants out, he needs to know his baseline.

That dealership def popped a bottle of bubbly when he signed that contract. Hopefully OP comes here first next time to get input before leasing again.

3 Likes

Yeah I definitely learned a life lesson on this. The price on carvana is like them buying it right? Then I would be left with like 10k right. Cause carvana quoted 17k

No good end here unless you find someone in Newark to take it to the docks to make it disappear

1 Like

yes, you would have to pay the difference between what carvana is paying you and your current payoff

2 Likes

They really grabbed me with this. I know now since I found this forum a couple days ago that I should always get second opinions and advice.

1 Like

The salesman should send you a Christmas gift for the 6 months of boat payments you helped him make.

2 Likes

This lease is borderline criminal.

5 Likes

Not knowing the credit score or if there was negative equity is going to be hard to tell what really happen with this deal.

2 Likes

You need two things:

1. a fire

2. an alibi

5 Likes

A loaner and in undesirable colo for double market value…yikes

1 Like

American way: High car payment + medical bills = bankruptcy. I think I’d rather do that than lose $10k and counting.

2 Likes