2018 C Class Lease Deal- Yay or nay?

Sounds expensive. Any particular reason (farts?) you want a 2018 instead of a loaner 2017?

For the Car Play- where do you think I should be then? They keep telling me because they are brand new and hard to find with what I want- they can only discount so much.

Some have gotten 18% off MSRP, but the market in SoCal is very different than TX, especially after Harvey.

I pushed hard for that before Harvey- but they said even 15% was out of reach. Best I had on a 2018 pre- Harvey was 11% off MSRP. I walked and they sold the car.

I have been working with this guy for a while. We have gone back and forth and we are at the home stretch. What do you recommend I tell him now?

Are you keen on only buying from that dealer? It might be worth the trip to go out to state to get the car, given you can find the one you want and get a good price on it. In TX, they know they will be selling these cars right now so it gives them that advantage.

1 Like

Please do not post the same question/comment in multiple places.

I am not keen to buy from anyone in particular.

I haven’t thought of that- how would I go about that? Or could they work in transport costs into the deal? That seems more complicated. Any other ideas on how to get the price down here?

You could drive out there (once you get the price), get them to transport the car to you (Sometimes they’ll do it for free but highly unlikely), or fly out there and pick up the car. Probably around 1k to transport the car.

I don’t have the time to drive out of state or fly. It seems like a lot of hoops to jump through, esp because it’s not easy to drive out of Texas. How much of a savings would I be looking at if I could somehow manage that?

I could try other cities that weren’t affected by Harvey in TX. Do you think that would help?

The question is whether he forfeits the tax credit savings if he buys from an out of state dealer.

Sorry, corrected. Thanks.

I don’t think he does because the car would still be registered in TX – Not 100% sure though.

@DaniO Anywhere from 2-4k depending on how many delaers you shop and where.
If you go to the dealers not impacted by Harvey, they’d probably be worse since they have the advantage of not being impacted and people buying cars without batting an eye.

Take a look at this thread for an example - 2017 Mercedes C300 Demo Lease

I have only reached out to ones in the Houston area. Most don’t have the features I want/ the models with the features I want are still coming in. This car is being traded from Austin, TX…if I go with it.

I saw that but that was one a 2017. Has anyone gotten close to that on a 2018?

If you already know it’s coming from Austin, TX, then why not reach out to that dealer? This dealer is probably charging you a bit more since they have to trade the car.

I just wanted to show you that thread since someone mentioned a loaner 2017 above. What feature do you want that the 2017 doesn’t have?

Will that mess up anything at this point? They checked availability already so I don’t want to throw a wrench in anything. I bought a house with less hassle and yet car shopping never fails in being the biggest pain in the @$$!

You don’t have a agreement saying you can only buy from X dealer. If he told you he is getting the car from Y dealer, that’s his fault. I would reach out to the Y dealer and ask them their price and what they can do.

It’s really not a lot of hoops.
Time wise, it’s a math problem. How much per hour are you willing to pay yourself to drive/fly?