SOLD REMOVE PLEASE 2018 bmw m5 demo msrp $129,795

, , ,

By brother got a 2010 GTI for 20k OTD on a 23k MSRP car back in 2010. Now they’re 27k MSRP just for the S! Ridiculous deal based on what we’ve seen 9 years ago.

Uh hello. Im new here. Can you please pm me the rulebook link ?

2 Likes

an e60 m5 had a base price of 80k, how did you manage to stuff 40k worth of options in it and keep in mind there was no comp package back then, super curious as to how that happened, that tranny was a p.o.s btw ours spent so much time in the shop before we sold it, only thing I miss between that m5 and the new m5 is the screaming na v10, it sounded like a fkn f1 car with an eisenmann exhaust on it. Anyway though the base price on a 2019 m5 is 102k and a 2009 m5 is 80k, thats why the price is higher, purchasing a new m5 on a 60 month term is almost 2k a month.

I’ve got a 650i they tried to give me a Yaris. Nothing against the Yaris but I left the dealership immediately.

clearly something wrong with a yaris it’s not comparable to what you brought in, they probably ran out of loaners though, you’re in a 650 should have given you at least a 5 series.

Maybe everyone is done piling on. :slight_smile: Maybe not. Let me say: I was wrong. There are no “rules” to Leasehackr. I shouldn’t have used that term. And I made another mistake when I said I BOUGHT it. I did buy it in my name, however I LEASED it. My point was and is that lease deals on M5’s and other high end cars have been around for years and will always be. Nothing has changed much in the car biz in 10 years. I doubt interest rates are much different. If you think lease deals are like steak dinners and the value is all in our minds, then why do we come here to compare, evaluate and rate leases? Cars are a commodity. Not to the end buyer maybe, but to the dealership and manufacturer they are. And I think we can determine if a lease is a really good deal or a pretty shitty one. I agree, if you are thrilled with that M5 deal, take and live happy, but it doesn’t make the math better because you love it. I am not going to take the time to run it through the calculator to see Leasehackr’s score, but I just see it as not being good. Deals are out there on these type of cars! Also, why would anyone say a 1% rule is a myth? I beat that on my last two deals. It is not only not a myth, but you can be under. And while I sure don’t live in here, I’ve been in here a lot longer than a month. Here is the deal I got last month. And I ended up getting a brand new one, not a demo, exact same pricing. Maybe I threw people off when I said Purchase, I apologize for that, but I stand my ground when I say I don’t think that lease is great. And if it’s all just “taste” anyway, whats to argue?

Because not every car leases good at 1%. If you’re just looking for the cheapest deal possible and will drive anything, that’s one thing. If you want something specific that’s a whole different story.

You “beat” nothing, really. And you can be under 0.5% but it does not make it a “rule”. Here is some poll, just to show you that it is a myth, when there is no agreement on even how 1% should be defined

they give you whats available, i got a base x1, once, and a base 320 another for my M3

I don’t think anyone is saying 1% isn’t something to strive for, but there’s no hard and fast rule that if a lease doesn’t fall under 1%, then it’s automatically a bad deal. I’m also not saying that this particular M5 deal is a good one, but I don’t think it’s fair to compare to an M5 deal from 10 years ago. Too much has changed in cars and numbers for it to be a fair comparison. Would you compare your fashion sense 10 years ago to what it is today and say trends haven’t changed? Housing prices? Interest rates? Same concept. To say that nothing has changed much in the car biz in the past 10 years just isn’t true unfortunately.

what do you mean nothing has changed in the car business in the past 10 years? Do you see the price of pickup trucks? A luxury 1/2 ton is more expensive than a 5 series or E class, not to mention the 3/4 and 1 tons are near S class money. An R35 Gtr started at 70k when it first came out now its 95k that’s a 35% inflation in less than a decade. Leasing is more prevalent now than 10 years ago, sure a mf may not change but residuals probably have. The biggest change is probably price but I guess you could count that with inflation plus more tech shoved into the car, my point is that things change, a few years ago a gallon of gas was $5 in some area’s now its like $2.50. I’m not a big fan of the 1% rule it works well on regular cars but these speciality cars like corvettes, amg’s, M’s, S, Srt, shelby, etc are not that common and most often people buy them because they like them not because they got a good deal, doesn’t mean you should overpay but you may not get the best deal.

LOL at all the pile on. I don’t think @Bradusn is suggesting that one should strive for the same monthly payment as he had 10 years ago on his M5. I think he’s simply pointing out that based on the msrp of the car, a much better deal can be had, and I agree with him. I’ve seen NEW M5s get leased in the $1200-1300/mo range, while this is essentially a used car and with taxes, you’re looking at ~$1500/mo.

I cant wait until swapalease has them with 15 or less months remaining, thats too large of a payment / commitment to have a car for three years.

But see it’s one thing to compare it to current deals. To mention a deal from 10 years ago makes no sense.

1 Like

that escalade is an outgoing model btw, 2020 Cadillac should be a completely new bodystyle. No way you get that deal on a brand new bodystyle escalade, do you see how lincoln is killing it with the navigator? I have heard stories of black labels going for over msrp when these things first dropped. Similarly the new m5 is in year 2 of its refresh, I saw swapalease posts last year with m5’s in the 900-1100 range that were decently equipped but they were in year 3/4 of their cycle. So you cant compare a deal that was had even last year to this year, an m5 was $1600-$1700 last year for a similar optioned out model. Im not piling on you, I’m just explaining that timing makes a big difference as well.

Timing is everything. Imagine if you weren’t in Vegas with Suge, 2pac…

2 Likes

and thats why im in cuba :wink:

I agree with that. But new model doesn’t always assure great sales, if BMW cranked out too many or if a dealer has some sitting for too long, deals will be made. Of course timing matters, if you have to have a certain car, a certain color in a certain month, you may not get a great lease. Stock levels, popularity, time of the month, mood of the manager, a particular dealers numbers that month…of course it all matters. But we still compare month to month. Just because a lease deal on a car is the “best you can get” that day doesn’t make the math better. It doesn’t make it a great lease. Does that make sense? And I don’t think inflation changes anything. Residuals are percentages, the numbers involved don’t matter. And I haven’t seen any evidence that residual numbers have changed in any significant way from 10 years ago, in fact, I know on some cars they are exactly the same. I don’t get emotionally involved with cars much anymore, and it sure has helped my deals. lol It doesn’t mean I am willing to drive “anything”, but I am open minded to finding a car that is a better value at the time. I thought I was going to get a QX80, they usually lease well, but there wasn’t much going on promo wise, so I went back to Caddy. I have what they call T-rex arms, where they are too short to reach into my pocket for my wallet. I love getting a great a value. Look, I do get your point about things change as far as cars getting “hot” and deals are rare, and maybe that is the case with that M, but when I saw over $6000 in taxes (for me in TX) plus $3000 down, it didn’t strike me as a “deal”. Whether you can find a better deal or not isn’t the point (I think you can, but just my opinion), the point is by what we all know to be great leases numbers, it is not. Somebody can buy this and love it…I hope they let me take a spin in it, I hear they are awesome, but they guy shouldn’t rattle on about what a great deal he got, cuz it’s not. :slight_smile: Say Hi to Suge.

escalade sh*ts all over the qx80, cadillac and lincoln are in a class of their own when it comes to full size suvs, the gls is even a notch below the navigator/Escalade. We have a navigator and usually rent escalades on trips (navigator is extremely rare to find in rental fleets since its refresh) so on that note you got a better deal and a better car, but yeah for the most part what you said I would agree with its just the way you worded the first post that had everyone up in arms.

Ok, all…the horse has been beaten to death, and everyone is way off topic now.

If you’re not interested in this car, move on. Nobody needs to hear how you think this is a bad deal, nobody needs to hear about a lease from 10 years ago. Nobody needs to hear how X leases better.

Keep on topic moving forward or don’t say anything, as its already been said 100 times.

3 Likes